Sooo...poke out my eyes or have a good boo hoo?

1crazy_cat_lady
on 5/20/12 11:19 pm - Winnipeg, Canada
So I'm frustrated.  The last 2 weeks I've lost 1.2 and .6 for a total of 20.8 in 6 weeks.  Now I'm totally aware that nearly 21 pounds is AWESOME but it's frustrating that I only had 3 good loss weeks out of 6 (I also had a .8 gain).  I'm eating high protein and veggies, no crap what so ever.  I have a friend doing WW and she is close to me in loss but she is drinking and eating some garbage food "on program".  I think part of the frustration is that I can see my fat has lost density so it's lumpier and less attractive.  Again less dense is an awesome thing but lumpy + scale not moving = sad cat lady.

I just really want to qualify for surgery here at home.  I have 2 good friends to count on, the friend doing WW who is critical about not eating grains and my other friend is getting married in 3 weeks and otherwise occupied. 

HW: 361  CW: 337.8  Goal:  To come off most of my meds

InkdSpEdTchr
on 5/22/12 2:26 am
I say worry less about your friends, and keep you eye on the prize. You need to get to that magic number and you will. If you keep on plan and keep moving your body, the remaining lbs will drop and you will qualify for surgery.

The less you focus on other people's journey the better, I know how hard that is to do- TRUST ME! But if you can spend you energy on you and not them, it will benefit you in the long run. 

I had a similar situation, I had to go from 390 to 340 in 3months and I did it by staying focused on me. I believe from the results you have already, that you can do this too. Just hang in there- it will get better.

Best of Luck,

:Danni  >>>AIDS/LifeCycle 10 & 11 Finisher: 545miles on the bike in 7 days <<<
HW390/SW340/CW 208/GW170

Lucky2talk2
on 5/23/12 12:26 am - Renton, WA

YOU ARE LOSING, POUND BY POUND!!! YOU DID THIS!!!

You are able to do this, you will do this. I agree, focuss and spend this time to be only looking at your journey. What you are doing, do not look at outcomes of your freinds. Comparing will drive you crazy. There will be scale gains and losses along the way. .8 gain... darn... That could be a stool that needs to come out. Worry less about that, stick to your program... Tweak it if needed... Your weight loss will happen and you will meet your requirements!!

Hang in there!!

Hugs

MAKE IT A GREAT DAY!!         SHERRIE <3

1crazy_cat_lady
on 5/23/12 1:39 am - Winnipeg, Canada
well I'm feeling like a dork. Two days later and I've lost an additional 2.5 pounds. I'm a bit of a math person so when I know that calories in vs calories out should equal something particular and doesn't.....****** me off. I keep forgetting that your body has a mind of it's own and while it will all work out, IT decides when it will release those pounds. If only it would listen to me that weigh ins are Mondays :P

HW: 361  CW: 337.8  Goal:  To come off most of my meds

amarie3579
on 5/24/12 2:47 am, edited 5/24/12 2:47 am
RNY on 09/20/12
Cat lady I'm in the same boat as you! It's so frustrating!! I work out and eat right (no junk/fast food) and it's like the weight is slowly coming off. Maybe I was just hoping it would just miracley melt off lol and BAM! I got my required 15lbs. and then some for surgery. But. nope hubby had a doctors appt. today and I sneaked on the scale and according to that one I am 14lbs. down and this is after 2 months of hard work! I got a weigh in next week so I'm hoping I can push a little more myself. Just keep your head up & know that every pound lost is one less strain on your body. Good luck hun

Starting Weight: 345 lbs. Weight day of Surgery: 332lbs. Goal Weight: 160lbs.

Most Active