It's going to be a long week.

1crazy_cat_lady
on 6/10/12 1:51 pm - Winnipeg, Canada
My best friend is getting married on Friday and I'm her maid of honour. Now good news is that it's a very small wedding so I don't have a lot of responsibilities.

Looks like it will be another small loss week and generally I'm ok with it. In my 30 lbs loss, I measured today and I'm down 3 in the bust, 4 in the waist and 5 in the hips. That's in 10 weeks.

As well as my bestie, I have another good friend from childhood (she lives in another province). I have mentioned her on the boards before, she joined WW because I "inspired" her but she still eats her old ways. She posted a picture of her on FB eating french fries in a hot dog bun. I suspect that part of her decision to lose weight may be because I have always been the fattest in our social circle and if I lose the weight that title will go to her. I don't know that she is consciously aware of that or not. Tonight when we chatted, I explained that when the girls get together the day before the bestie's wedding we are going to an Italian restaurant and I had considered "splurging" on chicken parm with veggies. I explained that I had reconsidered because I'd be looking at anywhere from 400-600 calories for that meal and it's not worth the fat or calories. The friend started to justify how I could make that food choice (only eat half, etc). I went on to say that even eating half isn't worth it and I'll likely just have salad with chicken. I want to believe that she was trying to be supportive but in the end it was sabotage!

So I got off the phone disappointed and tried to get in touch with my bestie. She was over stressed yesterday and I'm grateful she called me for support (which I was more than happy to provide!). To help her out, today I ran to Bath and Body to grab some items she needed but didn't have time to get. She wasn't home when I stopped by and I had left the package between her doors. 7 hours later, I still hadn't heard from her so I sent a text to see if she was ok. Bestie has always been the first person to make thank you phone calls and cards. She's good, today was much better and oh yeah, thanks for grabbing that stuff. Now I know she is insanely busy and has a lot to get done including her future husband moving items into the house this week (they won't live together until after the wedding). I'm just disappointed because the childhood friend's call didn't go well and then bestie is distracted AND there won't likely be a great loss this week. I'm less than 10 pounds from Twoterville and I want it so bad I can taste it. I used to eat my emotions but threw that out the window in April. I see that I still eat my emotions some since the last 3 days have been 2-400 calories more than usual but still below limit. Instead I try to talk out my emotions but the last 2 tries didn't work and my mom will be asleep.

So I came here. I appreciate that you guys are here and supportive. I'm sorry for the rant but it was a better choice than eating more food when I'm not even hungry.

HW: 361  CW: 337.8  Goal:  To come off most of my meds

talula216
on 6/10/12 11:20 pm - RI
RNY on 01/16/12
Sounds like you made the right descion.  As long as you do what is right for you.  You will succeed.  Good luck with the upcoming week. 

Talula
Starting weight 369

Lucky2talk2
on 6/22/12 10:50 pm - Renton, WA
Hoping things have settled back down for you! This is a great place to come when no one else is there!!

You sound like a great friend to have, your bestie is lucky and sounds like it is two fold as she is lucky to have you!

Have a great new week to come!!

Hugs

MAKE IT A GREAT DAY!!         SHERRIE <3

Most Active