Duodenal ulcer

Karine
on 3/1/13 2:24 am - Canada
VSG on 06/25/12
Since I went to Cuba, I have been sick eith diahrrea 3 times. This last time was horrible. 7 days of pain, diahrrea and not eating nor drinking. Weakness, crying, fear. Added to that my period grrr! So depressed! Today is better. I am still on a banana/rice/chicken noodle soup/cracker diet but now at least I keep it in. CARBS haaaaaa it's driving me nuts to have to eat them. But anything else is flushed right through in 15 minutes max. Tomorrow I will add yogourt and cheese.

Thr doctor and surgeon both think it's either a parasites that wont go away because of my zinc deficiency or a duodenal ulcer. So far, from the testing done, they think it is more probable that it is a duodenal ulcer. They started me on anti acid pills. And I have been intructed to eat ehat I mentionned above, than up that to yogourt, cheese. No acidic food.

So my question: anybody ever had or heard about this!?!??

Gastroscopy: May 26th 2012                   SW + HW 360
Labs: May 30th 2012                                Post opti   341.2
SD:  June 25th 2012                                Post op     338.6       

Phatchick
on 3/1/13 10:17 pm - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

Poor baby! Ulcer???? 

I would use mauka honey for ulcers. 

http://www.livestrong.com/article/490361-manuka-honey-stomach-ulcers/

I have my pharmacy of teas I drink that I get from Germany. I usually drink teas for a couple days and do my charcoal pills and I am good to go. 

http://www.livestrong.com/article/95813-benefits-charcoal-pills/

I am  praying  for total healing.

Feel better.

Sharon

Karine
on 3/4/13 2:34 am - Canada
VSG on 06/25/12
They say its ulcer. I am not yet convinced. Yeah ulcer can give diahrrea, but that much???? It has been 10 days today. I got 2 days almost off this weekend, meaning I had only 1 diahrrea a day. But at least I got to digest my food before the coming out lol!!! B

Anyway we'll see! I started taking the acid reducer pills, nexium (a brand name of the same family).

Teas are out of the question. Anyway I have been instructed to not drink as much as usual because it just makes it go through faster. I have to deink of course, but closer to a liter a day, not more.

Gastroscopy: May 26th 2012                   SW + HW 360
Labs: May 30th 2012                                Post opti   341.2
SD:  June 25th 2012                                Post op     338.6       

Most Active