Shoes

stacycs
on 3/8/13 4:47 am
VSG on 02/27/13
I was wondering if folks getting close to or at a normal BMI find they can wear nicer shoes. I have plantar faciatis etc. I would love to be able to wear cute shoes for the first time ever!
Kenni
on 3/8/13 5:09 am - Edmonton, Canada
RNY on 04/10/13
Thats such a good question..I've wondered that a lot!

I know that just in the 50lbs I have lost so far some of my shoes are feeling a little loose.

I really really hope that I can eventually wear "normal" shoes!

http://chunkygirlkendra.blogspot.ca           

Surgery date: April 10, 2012    

Starting Weight: 386.0
Surgery Weight: 329.0

Oxford Comma Hag
on 3/8/13 5:45 am

I've always had a good shoe collection and even at over 300lbs wore heels several times a week. My feet shrunk, so most of my shoes from my preop days are too big and have been donated now. But I've consoled myself by buying more.enlightened And I no longer wear a wide width. I can buy shoes anywhere. It's great!

Weight loss did improve the foot pain I would get after wearing heels all day, though.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

stacycs
on 3/8/13 8:35 am
VSG on 02/27/13
Actually, just not wearing a wide width would be fabulous!
pyrdoglover
on 3/8/13 10:25 am - OH
VSG on 07/10/12

I am finally able to wear real shoes and heels after about the 80lb loss. I love wearing heels again. I have always had a wide foot with high arch and narrow heel. Had planter fasciatis for yrs and still need to be cautious about what shoes I wear. I lived for yrs in birkenstock. I love Clark shoes (come in wide). It's almost all I wear besides my ugg boots and birki sandles. I have at least 12 pair now!!!! My NSV. I will probably never be able to wear 'cute' girly shoes because of my stupid feet. Even when I was thin before I couldn't.

Patty

Hockeymom73
on 3/9/13 1:20 am
RNY on 11/21/12
My feet are less wide and I have found a love for heels after 100 lbs lost. I have already gone through my shoes to figure out what I wanted to keep and will still fit. I'm now in 9 or 9.5 depending on the shoe.

HW: 400.5 CW: 251.0 GW: 199

Most Active