question

cyndi_jk
on 4/25/13 4:49 am - hi hat , KY
VSG on 11/30/12

For someone with my starting wt. should I have lost more by now 5 days and  it will be 5 months out. I  have lost 125lbs but look were i started i thought the heavier you were the faster it comes off I loose 2-3 lbs a week. I feel like it should be more like 5-10 lbs a week I'm so scared that I will not loose all this wt. with a gastric sleeve.  I had a abnormality of my stomach that prevented me from having RNY .  I am pleased with my wt. loss,  but I have always failed at dieting and I'm just so worried that I can not do this i keep track of what I eat and so on, its just at 6 mnth. everyones wt. loss slows down with the sleeve or atleast that is what I read on here any advice is welcomed!!       thanks in advance

Oxford Comma Hag
on 4/25/13 6:45 am
2-3 lbs a week is a pretty good clip. My loss slowed down after the first 100 pounds but I am still losing at almost 20 months out albeit sloooowly.
Another important factor to consider is muscle mass vs fat. I had my body fat measured and found out that just my bones, muscles, and water weighed over 140 pounds. So dont go by weight alone.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

cyndi_jk
on 4/26/13 2:00 am - hi hat , KY
VSG on 11/30/12

thank you so much for the for reply !!!

sleevegirl
on 4/25/13 8:14 am - Austin, TX

I didn't start out as large as you are, but I will tell you that you are in for the long haul - no matter what surgery you had. I'd wait at least two years before consider a revision, but you can always look at a DS. Just keep the course, you sound like you're doing fine to me. Just keep logging your food and doing your stuff. I KNOW it can be frustrating. I think if you look at percentages, we're pretty close. At five months, I had lost around 90 pounds, I think. It's hard. I know. You're doing GREAT and I'm super proud of you! xoxo

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

Lucky2talk2
on 4/25/13 9:35 pm - Renton, WA
I did not have the sleeve, I had the RNY, but I just want to encourage you in your journey. There is no magic cut off of the weight that you can lose. There is no magic time frame either. There are statistics but that is all that is. You are the driving factor in your journey with your WLS. Starting out at much larger will mean that your journey to what you have set as goal will take longer. The words PATIENCE is what I always tell people. Persistance, Awareness, and BIG and FOR Most PATIENCE!!! When you think you have Patience... Grab for more PATIENCE!
Our weight did not come on over night and will not come off over night. Fear is a normal thing to have. It is all around us in things in life. Try not to buy into it. You can succeed. It is apparent in you being in here and asking just as you have that you are focussing and wanting this success. Hang in there! You are doing fabulous. When you see the numbers come off, pat yourself on your back as this is not an easy journey. It will be a life long journey though. I am now around 2 1/2 years out from my WLS and I still attend local support groups and I know that my awareness and actions are what is going to keep me in my right direction with regards to weight management and I am still in process to making it to goal. But PATIENCE and Persistance is a must for me!
All bodies are different and we will all lose at different rates of time. Journaling what you are eating and keeping you r supports in place amongst excersize and so forth and possibly even including mental healths wether it be counseling or meditation or what ever help to add to the positives and awarnesses. Finding new ways of thinking and doing with regards to how we see and treat our bodies.

Ok, sorry I think that this wee hour of the morning my brain is going a million miles per minute and I will close this response. Merely hang in there, keep doing what you know is right for you with regards to your body/WLS.

MAKE IT A GREAT DAY!!         SHERRIE <3

cyndi_jk
on 4/26/13 1:59 am - hi hat , KY
VSG on 11/30/12

Thank you so much for replying you are my inspiration!!!   I look at your page alot just  to know that someone has done it. ppl say well you can have DS or RYN I can't I had to pay for this surgery. So it is my only hope and they would not do a DS or RYN on me. so its all or nothing as they say and I know exactly what you mean about patience. i have 320 lbs to lose it will take years even tho I have known this all along I think i still had it in my head that WLS was my knight on a white horse to take me out of a life long struggle.   I have never been skinny or even small .  I was a fat child and obese adult .  I have been on every diet known to man since i was 14ys. old going to my first fat Dr. so I have never accomplished what I am trying to do now. I just keep waiting for the axe to fall and any little stall I get so scared. I have went for counseling it was with a 110 lbs girl that has no ideal what I'm going threw looking at me with this sad look.  Lord I'm sorry to go on so much but its like i think you understand the VSG forum ppl are loosing like 50 lbs or no more that 100 lbs to get to there goal. Well before i get started again I TRULY want to thank you so much for taking time to reply!

cyndi_jk
on 4/26/13 2:01 am - hi hat , KY
VSG on 11/30/12
cyndi_jk
on 4/26/13 2:02 am - hi hat , KY
VSG on 11/30/12

thank you so much you are one of my heros!!!!!

cyndi_jk
on 4/26/13 2:03 am - hi hat , KY
VSG on 11/30/12

to sleevegirl it would not let me reply to you .

cyndi_jk
on 4/26/13 1:38 am - hi hat , KY
VSG on 11/30/12

Thanks to all of you. i came into work this morning. I'm a nurse in our little towns local hospital i work in the clinic now but have been here for 22 yrs. GOD sent me an angle this morning I was so down. and this older lady that brings her daughter to the clinic over the past few yrs. just could not believe that i was the same person she is so sweet and made my day. Being older made it even better because we all know old ppl say it like it is!!!!...thank you again. As you all know it just gets hard with everyone saying every day oh how much have you lost now??  really puts me down in the dumps.

Most Active