5 years post VSG...I'm still skinny!

jimbovsg
on 9/15/14 5:16 am

Well....skinnier than I USED to be! Hey y'all....it has been ages since I posted an update. I had my 5 year surgiversary VSG  on 9/1 ( HW 600lbs...SW 580lbs!) ....(oops i'm a bit late!) I am maintaining 95% of the 350lbs I originally lost! ( had a lil regain this past year after several foot surgeries) Life is great...my health is great (still off all my meds) I have great restriction still....and very little hunger. I take my vites and have labs done every 6 months (no deficiencies so far)

I still eat according to the WLS guidelines ( protein, veggies...then starch) I AM however a big believer in "moderation" AFTER I reached goal I started practicing my "moderation" eating plan (basically 90% "on plan" foods...10% "off plan" foods) This works for me and until it no longer "serves" my lifestyle...I'm sticking with it!

My life is so different now then it was at 600lbs! I don't worry about my weight holding me back.  I no longer make decisions (big or small) based on my weight, mobility, or size limitations.  Before my sleeve ALL my decisions....from where I ate, shopped, worked, traveled etc....were based on accommodating my size. Those worries are a thing of the past...it is so liberating!

So many things have changed for me through this amazing journey....I moved from California to Georgia cuz I met the love of my life (we're getting married in a couple weeks!) We met in a round about way here on OH! She had her 3 year surgiverary last Sunday.  This surgery has changed both our live and brought us together.....healthier, happier, and full of hope for a great future together.

Thanks to all my OH friends for you friendship and support over the years....it means a lot to me.  Thanks to those who took time to read this long ass post...may your journey take you to amazing places like mine did!

Jimbo

JIMBO...  350lbs! lost!.....  TRIPLE CENTURY CLUB!!  HELL ...YEAH!  
MY  VSG......KICKS ASS!                                                                                                                                                                                      

I  am   6' 2"    

bulldog76ss
on 9/17/14 6:05 am - OH

Good to hear from someone who was about my size when we started.  I am not as far along as you but am planning to be.  I can relate to the thinking that everything you do or plan to do is related to weather you fit, can walk that far or have climb something.  I have lost 212 pounds so far and already feeling liberated!  Got another 140 pounds go to goal, I will get there.  I appreciate and can relate to you situation.  Thanks!

ladyjag03
on 11/16/14 3:17 am

Amazing transformation! You look awesome! So inspiring! Congrats the two of you look AWESOME!

VSG w/ Dr. Kligman (UMMC): 10/9/14

Most Active