Updated Before/After Pic- Starting BMI of 55

KrissyKooKoo
on 12/21/15 10:43 am
RNY on 07/22/19

Hi Everyone!

I'm at the point where I'm not losing weight (and I'm not actively trying to), and I've been at the same weight for the past few months.  Sometimes I think I want to lose more, but the majority of the time I am happy with my size.  I definitely feel bigger than I am.  Sometimes I see pictures of myself with people that I consider small, and I realize I am their size or smaller (it's always a shocker, because I honestly feel larger than them).  I still look at small spaces between cars, or carnival rides and think "Dear god, there's no way I'm fitting in there".  Overall, I am extremely happy and have zero regrets about the surgery.  It honestly was the best decision of my life (so far).  I do have some loose skin, though not nearly as much as you'd think for going from 321 to 160 lbs.  I do hope to get plastic surgery someday, but it won't be in the near future.  I've discovered a new found love for getting active and getting outside, and I am always freezing!  I started being open about having surgery, and found that most people are very accepting of it and still extremely proud of my progress.  I guess if you surround yourself with open minded/educated people, they realize how much work goes into it!  Anyway, I hope everyone has a very happy holiday season, and a very happy 2016!!  I have inserted some of my most recent (the red shirt pic was taken yesterday ) progress pics.  As always, any suggestions/feedback are welcome!

Laura in Texas
on 12/21/15 2:52 pm

Amazing!! So happy for you. Keep up the good work and remember maintenance is so much harder than losing. We must stay diligent!!

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

mute
on 12/22/15 7:32 am
RNY on 03/23/15

Congrats on all of your hard work! You look happy and healthy which is my goal too of course! Good luck with the maintenance :)

Melinda

HW: 377 SW: 362 CW:131

TOTAL LOSS: 249 pounds

NYMom222
on 12/30/15 11:40 am
RNY on 07/23/14

You look beautiful and happy and look like you are enjoying life. Isn't that what it is all about?

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Most Active