Lucky2talk2’s Posts

Lucky2talk2
on 9/8/17 1:02 am
Topic: RE: 7 years since my WLS Began/nearly 7 years post op
I am stopping back by, as I rarely but still occasionally do. The longer I get from my WLS, the more memories fade. Struggle is just as real, but I know what and where I am going with my ways to deal or make changes.
WLS helped me in this process!
Although, it is is not a cure all!
9-11-17 my goal to lose weight still. I have been lingering and bouncing up and down never having gotten to "onederland"!
So hard, yet so easy!?
Started Keto again. Did it 3mobths beginning of this year and felt great. Summer is over, and back to it!!
I really want badly to succeed! I now have my all into this! Today joined Planet Fitness and "it's on"!!!!
I miss OH over 50 BMI

I REFUSE TO GIVE IN TO FAILURE
I REFUSE TO GIVE UP
I AM HUMAN

food is not my enemy

ð?¤-- hugs

Lucky2talk2
on 5/12/16 3:03 am
Topic: RE: HELP!!!!! BPD/DS around the corner, any long term issues?
Talk with your doctor about what risks are with your current conditions. That is best. Research. I would not want to steer you wrong. If it is anything like how I feel about getting the surgery... I was scared but was more afraid of the what if I don't! We each have individual health concerns where what is good for one may not be for the other. Also I had the RNY. Have had friends that had RNY and DS.
Hang in there and do what you feel is right.
HUGS MAMA!

MAKE IT A GREAT DAY!!         SHERRIE <3

Lucky2talk2
on 5/12/16 2:57 am
Topic: RE: Saying hello, been busy but 5.5years ago RNY ((loving my body))
Encouraging all of you... Pre or Post op!!!

Every new day is your opportunity to continue with your success or restart your path of success!!!

Love, live, and laugh!

Thanking God everyday for my surgeries.

Lucky2talk2
on 5/12/16 2:37 am
Topic: RE: Happy With Your Decision to Have Surgery?
I would do it in a heartbeat!!! I regret being so afraid of what others thought and being so afraid of the risks!! They are so small when you think of the long term problems that arise with being obese. I had lived over 500lbs for a long time... Lost and gained and lost and gained more over and over. At 654lbs, my life I thought I was living was beginning to drown me with the extreme weight.
Talk to yourself, your doctors, and do what you are doing right now.... Asking questions and doing your research.

I am 45 now and wish I would have realized how much life is so different with less weight!!

RNY is a great tool for me! I am nearly 5.5 years out from surgery and bounce between 230-250 and love getting out and doing life without having to plan out every detail.
Best regards in YOUR decisionð?'

Lucky2talk2
on 3/18/15 7:49 am
Topic: RE: Im a Noob to WLS and I'm trying to decide the best way to go...here is my story.
I love seeing you do your research! I am not able to type t much right now, but I came from 654lbs. I was bed ridden and had a lot of health issues against me. To close to death!

RNY was one of the best choices I made!!
DS is not the only answer... Well irany WLS... You are right with getting down to be able to go to the gym or incorporating exercise. The more I lost the more I could do.

It is and will be a life commitment and sounds like you know this.
I have to go but will check back!

Best wishes!

Lucky2talk2
on 3/17/15 5:22 pm
Topic: RE: Is this really normal?
TOTALLY NORMAL!!
You can be creative. Do you have plain protien powder? Buy small amount of different ones. Some people like shakes. I did not. I liked mine in hot drinks, I used plain. The trick is adding it to luke warm (what fluid) and after it is dissolved adding it to the rest of the hot liquid. Experiment, experiment.... And experiment! I use Bio-Plex plain (yes, still 4 1/2 yes out from surgery, although not near as much).
Hang in there, it will take time to adjust. You had a major change and try not to be discouraged. It will all get better. When you get to soft foods it will feel better! Your tastes changing is NORMAL!

Lucky2talk2
on 2/4/15 6:36 pm
Topic: RE: Jealousy
Goodness, this is so me... Your not alone at all!!
Surgery for me was 12-2010....
I have not made it to 199 yet but still know I will!!
I have seen people complete goal every year while I still plug along. The further out I go the more doubt I struggle with... But I am not a quitter!!

It is hard sometimes to not get discouraged and jealous... Although I love to see and read others successes!! It is exciting... But can be discouraging to.

Great post!

Lucky2talk2
on 2/4/15 6:17 pm
Topic: RE: BMI FINALLY under 50!!!!!
How exciting!!! Way to go down!!
Thank you for sharing, be proud!!

Lucky2talk2
on 2/4/15 6:14 pm
Topic: RE: Pre-surgery diet, WORRIED!
Know you are worth every effort! It is not easy, but so rewarding! you can do this!!
Have a plan... Stay busy!! Keep away from the food be else where. Have alternatives! Spoil yourself with other things... To keep yourself busy. Reflect and think why and what about food gives you those feelings. Know that the food will be there later on and with retraining yourself you will have success!! Change is easy and hard.

Your feelings.. Anxieties.. And all are normal. Your giving up a lot for an even greater reward!!!

Lucky2talk2
on 11/10/14 3:13 pm
Topic: RE: Please stay active in the bariatric community
This is so true to keep with your supports! I used to be here faithfully but find schedule is so much more packed. However pop in to read every so often. I do attend my local group faithfully every month! I find face to face group great for me! However I mention OH to people as it is a great tool for so many reasons!!

Great post Laura!
Hugs

Lucky2talk2
on 11/10/14 3:07 pm
Topic: RE: 7 years post-op
Thank you for sharing! It is really life long! The further out the easier to lose track and lose sight of the work we must continue.
Hugs from OH family!

Lucky2talk2
on 11/2/14 4:30 pm
Topic: RE: Let's share!
Patty,
You are so right... This forum used to always be busy. I know it is easy to get busy and forget to pop in and update. For me it got hard to use my phone or tablet so coming in here is less. I will introduce me, my name is Sherrie, 43 yrs old, SW 654lbs, lost 444lb... Love and no regrets with my RNY! 12-16-10 is when I had my RNY surgery, so yes nearing my 4yr surgeversary!! I will always be a work in progress as when I reach my goal I will have to maintain! Blessed, loved, empowered, strong, and determined! I will succeed in all things I do, not all things may be exactly what I set out for but with open mind, patience, and positive attitude I know I put full effort and will love me. So many doors and windows have opened since gaining abilities!
Hugs to all of you, you all are amazing!

Lucky2talk2
on 10/29/14 4:19 pm
Topic: RE: how low did you go?
12-16-10 RNY. Started at 654l lbs. I have lost 444 lbs. this will be a life long journey!!
You can do it!!
Stay positive, confident, and determined!
Hugs
Sherrie

Lucky2talk2
on 1/8/14 1:49 am
Topic: RE: Monday Weigh In--Snow Day Edition!
OH!! I SO WANT TO CRY FOR JOY WITH YOU!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

HUGS,
Sherrie

Lucky2talk2
on 1/8/14 1:19 am
Topic: RE: OMG NSV
OMG!!

Last weekend I went to the mall with my cousin, first time I went to a mall with anyone besides myself since surgery. It so unreal to me still. Three years since surgery and still so unreal. I felt great but at the same time so out of place. To just walk into any store and pick up something off the rack and go try it on. To walk into the store and have the help say, can I help you find what you are looking for? I stopped and thought... I am just in here because I wanted to see what is out here in the malls. No specific reason... just to see, touch, and put on what I have never been able to put on. I almost feel guilty... but yet so excited. I still go to the big girl stores cause I feel at home there or most comfy there. When I go there I still get giddy cause three years ago I could not even shop there. I have been thrift store clothes shopping since I have lost weight. Now the price of new clothes just seem ridiculous, lol. However, we went to dress barn and I got lost in there in amazement. Then my best store was Old Navy! They have an amazing clearance rack or at least it was last weekend. I must have tried on the whole rack of clothes... and had fun hanging them back up to... just because I was able. My cousin pulled clothes in a large, I was pulling XL and XXL... (I did not know she was doing this)... when I was trying on and she was laughing at me as I showed her the outfits... she then says... are you done! I said uh.. yes! She then said... Sherrie, go try these on. I was like no way.. she said some of those were not right... just to big. Shocking the way my brain just goes for the bigger. I ended up with larges and they did fit. The shoulders look so different and shows my butt... lol! She said... Sherrie, you need to take me shopping with you from now on.

Have fun with your new experiences! Each NSV is so thrilling! Still 3 years out... and they still keep happening! I know I am not done and so for that they will continue!
I WILL EMBRACE THEM AS THEY COME!!

hugs,
Sherrie

Lucky2talk2
on 1/2/14 1:34 pm
Topic: RE: Monday weigh-in -- Tuesday edition :)
Hello,
Everyone is doing great! I am not losing right now, but that is ok. Since my last surgery, i have put on about 10 real pounds. Not sweating that either though. I have this next surgery on 1-13-14 and then once recovered I will be back at the serious exercise and plan! I feel great and know that I am blessed!!!

hugs,
Sherrie

Lucky2talk2
on 12/30/13 8:41 pm
Topic: RE: NSV NSV NSV!!!!!
OH MY GOODNESS I SO NEEDED TO SEE YOUR POST!! You have perfect timing! You are five years out and still going! I have been struggling with the length of time and all and I am only three years out. We share the same month and date of surgery just a different year! The process to get to where I want to maintain is so long and far out... It causes sometimes fear, anxiety, frustration even though I know this is truly life long! I see your post and you have given me hope! I LOVE YOUR NSV!!!! That feeling of omg "your talking to me like I am 'skinny'!!?!"

Hugs and thank you!
Sherrie

Lucky2talk2
on 12/30/13 8:22 pm
Topic: RE: Happy New Year 2014
Wishing everyone here a very special New Years Wish!

HUGS!!

Lucky2talk2
on 12/30/13 12:36 pm
Topic: RE: Long time no see...
Hello LToya and great hear from you again!!!
Sounds like exciting things have been happening for you!! A baby and life and now 2014! Best wishes for you and your famiy in the new year to come!!

Hugs
Sherrie

Lucky2talk2
on 12/29/13 8:09 pm
Topic: RE: Jealousy and Sabatoge
Great job at keeping at your plan!

As far as mom, you should set boundaries! For sure!
When you do she most like will have some emotions that arise... Be prepared, but it will be so freeing! You are your own adult self in your life! You have choices that as parents may not always agree to or be willing to help with. My mom has done sabotaging in my past... Tried hard as she could and I pushed on. Boundaries are amazing! If you live in her house this can still be done. Respect sometimes mean to agree to disagree!

Stand up for your fight for sure!!!

Hugs!!

Lucky2talk2
on 12/29/13 7:53 pm
Topic: RE: Still cannot sleep, maybe it is the new health issue...
I have been working so hard to get myself healthy! Really hard! Pushing on the best I can! Surgery here and surgery there and still fighting to win and conquer every battle within my journey! I realize I will never rid my genetic bleeding disorder that seems to now baffle my doctors. I have felt with this for over 20 years to only have been able to be officially labeled and known since a year after my RNY. I realize that will never go away! But I continue to stay free from my once medicated blood sugars and pressures! Sleep apnea gone!

New news now: I have a first degree heart block! I am happy it is not 2nd or 3rd degree but still.... I am scared! I have been told it is not reversible.

Working so hard at being healthy and yet Ug!!! I have another issue to worry about!
Then with the total knee replacement happening the 13th of January 2014 I will have to worry about infections in my body the rest of my life. Right now I am stressing... As much as I dislike the word stress cause I know it is me causing my own stress. I realize it is just what it is.

Want healthy and Onederland!!!

NO MORE HEALTH ISSUE PLEASE!!

Lucky2talk2
on 12/29/13 6:52 pm
Topic: RE: Fighting my hands mouth and head hunger..,
This is so easy but so darn hard sometimes!!! Arrrggg!!!!
Yelling inside... SCREAMING!!!!
Just have to let this out right now!!!
Having terrible times sleeping at night and I hate it!
No one can do this for me and I will continue to trudge on and win for myself sake!!
3 years and I know I am struggling to knowing that I am still not in ONDERLAND!!!
I see myself there and know i will get there!!!
Wee hours of the morning not able to sleep. Now I came here!
People tell me not to be so hard on myself because I have come so far! But no!!! That is like giving in to just settle! I cannot set in as comfortable I have to fight and keep working at this!
Oh, yeah, life long! Darn it!!!
Ok, sad pitty pot rant over!
I control my destiny, right!
I am a fighter and I will keep going, my journey will never end! It will look different as I go!!

Thank you for letting me have this safe place to come to O.H.!!
Sincerely,
ME

Lucky2talk2
on 12/29/13 12:54 pm
Topic: RE: I hate when people say..."I know how you feel." No you don't!
Oh, also.... I think this is one of the best forums to come to as I believe we all try to give space for all thoughts, concerns, and areas of greatness and also difficulties.

Hugs,
Continue to come here and post as we all do.
#numberOneForum

Lucky2talk2
on 12/29/13 12:39 pm
Topic: RE: I hate when people say..."I know how you feel." No you don't!
Exactly that, having that understanding that everyone's journey is so unique and individual. Whether you have 20 lbs or less or 500 lbs or less to lose.... It is a journey. The more you have generally the longer it takes. It can be frustrating when.... People that say WLS is the easy way... Or people that say "I know how or what you are going through or are feeling"... Or you should do this or that... Not eat that or exercise like this....!! Everyone for sure have their own journey unique. The physical and emotional parts are all different for us all.
Each has different difficulties. Time helps. As we transcend through our journeys we learn. Our needs change and what we have to do changes. Time never lessons what we have gone through when you come from "Rock bottom". Although all of our "ROCK BOTTOMS" looks different for each of us.

I used to hate people trying so hard to relate to me, although I would try to realize they really do care. When they seem to have such a little problem in comparison to me. But whom was I to say their problem was so small. Instead, I started thinking and saying to them... You are right... That advice is great and at some point in my personal journey I may be able to do that. I would remind them how lucky they are to work on theirs before it gets so much worse. I used to sit quietly when they would say I took an easy way out. Not for to long though because I knew that I worked my ass off before surgery even before I knew that I was going the surgery route. After surgery I fought to stay alive and continue to lose. Eating and an even more critical diet and good habits of vitamins. For me finding the exercises that I could do... And took some creative thinking. Being able to be "normal" in routines and the changes.

Bless each and everyone of us in all of our journeys!
Hugs

Most Active