Can you bulk up to prevent loose skin pre-op?

Geminisappho
on 8/31/10 10:18 pm - Atascadero, CA
Hello there and thanks for your help in advance. I am new here and have yet to seen this asked but of course could have missed it in all the jumble of information.

I can't get surgery until Jan. 2011 and was wondering if anyone has any info about bulking up before surgery to reduce loose skin? Especially around the midsection?
I hate to sound like I am going to sabatouge myself but I am worried about getting too fit where it may lower my BMI a bit too much and not qualify for surgery. I am a "lightweight" already and just don't want to risk not having surgery as I know it is for me.

And hate to sound vain as I am doing this for health reasons but I don't want to look like I am wearing a pancakce under my shirt. Thanks guys!
***ADRIENNE**

IRAYD8U
on 11/8/10 1:20 pm - MONTICELLO, MN
Hey I don't know if you have started all the hoopla to have surgery approval yet.  But I am going to assume that you have.  Most surgeons submit your beginning weight from your first consultation to insurance and many require a minimum 10lbs or 10% weightloss BEFORE they will even cut into you!  That said.....I have read many places that by building lean muscle you can "help" with the elasticity of your skin.  It is definitely a fantastic plan to build as much muscle as you can pre-op since you will definitely lose some of your muscle mass during the first year after surgery...it's inevitable....so the more you have to start with the more you'll have to work with down the road.....Hope that helps......you should join the Lightweights Forum www.obesityhelp.com/forums/wls_lightweights/a,messageboard/  They are great bunch of people and have a wealth of information to share!

Heather
                    HEATHER
               Join us on the Lightweights Board
 Ask me about our Facebook Chat Group: OH WLS-Lightweights
  36 years old
5'7"   HW 256 / SW 240 / CW 145 / GW 140
Most Active
Recent Topics
Can you build muscle post op?
MyQnA · 5 replies · 1319 views
Dead Board?
the7thdean · 0 replies · 506 views