I use to canoe all the time......

newlifefor3
on 6/13/04 8:02 pm - Naples, FL
Then when I got large I couldn't without tipping it over.......It will sure be nice to get back into it again.......I love the peace and serenity of nature...My dream is to someday be healthy enough to ride the white rapids and be strong enought to do a good job.........Has anyone else been having this wild dream but me....Raft racing would be a hoot too.......Janice
MargiJ
on 6/6/05 3:14 am - Greenbrier, TN
Last summer when I tried to canoe with my husband I literally fell into the bottom of the canoe and couldn't even lift myself up on the seat. After losing 101#, (post-op, 5 months) I went on my first canoe trip in 20 years!! WE went on an all day trip that was 27 miles. It was so awesome to be able to sit in the canoe and paddle and get in and out without falling over. It was one of my long term goals after WLS to be able to enjoy family life again instead of sitting on the sidelines and waving good-bye to my husband and kids as they left me. I am ready to enjoy this healthful hobby again on a regular basis. I may even do some white-water rafting in August.
David N.
on 11/19/05 7:47 am - Alexandria, MN
I still canoe as much as I can. I try to do at least 3 or more trips to the Boundary Waters in Northern MN each year. I am hoping to have surgery by Jan 1. I really do want to be able to do the things I love only with more energy stamina. I know how you feel, it is so peacefull out in the canoe, just you, the river and wilderness. I have had bears come into my camp at night, seeing deer and moose come to the edge of the water to drink. The wife and I will be trying White water rafting next year, lack of funds keeping us from doing it this year. Take Care. Happy Paddling Dave Navratil
Most Active
Recent Topics
kayaking
Deborah H. · 2 replies · 501 views
kayak
enok · 1 replies · 859 views