**Advice for dining room table???**

ConnienTX
on 6/9/06 8:48 am - Dallas area, TX
Hi, fellow cat lovers! I just got a gorgeous new dining room table. It's cherry and the guy setting it up said it's a finish that would show scratches. I've already caught my Sammy on it twice. They know they're not supposed to be on it, but I know they will get on it when I'm not looking. Any suggestions on how to keep them off? Any help would be much appreciated!! Connie -147#
Elle Felts
on 6/9/06 11:51 am - TUSCALOOSA, AL
I have the same type dining table. I just have to keep a really nice table cloth on it. Sorry, that's all the advice I have to offer. Elle
ConnienTX
on 6/11/06 9:07 am - Dallas area, TX
Thanks, Elle. I'm afraid I'll have to cover it with something, too. Was just hoping I could show it off, the wood is so pretty. Maybe the scratches will just make it look 'distressed'---LOL The cats know who is in charge of this household---them! Hugs, Connie
lowiclowi
on 6/18/06 11:42 am - Caldwell, ID
This may just work. Put a little dish on the table with some cayene pepper in it. They will get a sniff of it and won't return..... Our cats seem to prowl my kitchen when I'm not looking. I've tried the squirt bottle to no avail....they just think that's fun. Hope this helps
ConnienTX
on 6/18/06 12:08 pm - Dallas area, TX
Thanks, Lori, I'm going to try that. Thanks for taking the time to respond. Hugs, Connie
lowiclowi
on 6/19/06 10:15 pm - Caldwell, ID
I hope it works for you. I know we have used that treatment on the trash and the neighborhood dogs leave it alone now. It only takes once. Good luck...
glamboi
on 6/23/06 11:43 pm - Chicago, IL
I had the same issue with my new brown leather sectional. The half under the window that they jump up and down on looks like someone took a fork to it! Oh well. Was livid at first. What to do when you have furbabies? Im just cannot declaw them. They dont scratch at it. They use their post for that. Just from jumping on and off. I too hope that eventually, it will add a "distressed look!"
Cindy L.
on 6/25/06 2:01 pm - Denver, CO
Try a piece of poster board covered with double sided sticky tape. Carpet tape works well. They jump up, get stuck and are very bothered by this. It worked for me to keep my two "fur kids" off the counters. They never get up there any more took about a week.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Yipee!
Sommer · 0 replies · 495 views
OUCH! Lesbians and Obesity
applekid · 0 replies · 1244 views
Hi!
Mary K. · 0 replies · 462 views
Persian Parent in Mass
goldroses · 0 replies · 544 views