My babies

tyleremmy
on 4/17/04 3:02 am - Long Island, NY
Hi, have a question regarding my cat's (tyler's) favorite past time. Lying on his mommy (me). When Iam lying down he likes to lie on my chest with his head between my breast, or right on my stomach/ abdominal region. I have lost 92 lbs. so far and have about 80 more to go and am wondering what will happen once I loose all the padding he lies on, will this cause any discomfort on my part when he does lie on top of me. After 10 years of this I don't think I will be able to break him of this habbit. and besides I do find it quite comforting and relaxing. Just wondering.
Freda G.
on 4/21/04 1:38 pm - Columbia, MD
It's so funny that you mention Tyler's pastime. My cat Tuesday does the same thing when I lie on my side...he likes to sleep on my hip. I've been noticing that he seems to find the hip bone (and I've found it as well, after losing 99lbs so far) and plop there. After a bit of rearranging on my part, I've found I can handle his weight just fine...he's about 14lbs right now. As far as breaking Tylers habit is concerned, I don't think that's going to happen any time soon! Cats get into such a routine when it comes to their mommies. And, yes, it really is comforting. I almost hate to get up when Tuesday is sleeping on my hip. Take care....Freda
Desirae V.
on 4/27/04 3:15 am - New York Mills, NY
Hi! I have 9 babies, and I know what you mean. They all take their turns laying on me no matter what position I am in. The hip is the most popular though. I have lost 75 lbs., and have noticed that it does get a little uncomfortable for me at times, especially when they are standing on me and put all of their weight in one spot! Ouch! But kitty will adjust to it. I am sure that he is just happy to be so close to his mommy. And trust me, if he gets uncomfortable, he will move!!! And I do agree that it is comforting and relaxing when they come to me for their "mommy time"!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Yipee!
Sommer · 0 replies · 497 views
OUCH! Lesbians and Obesity
applekid · 0 replies · 1245 views
Hi!
Mary K. · 0 replies · 463 views
Persian Parent in Mass
goldroses · 0 replies · 546 views