Prayer Request

Deborah S.
on 11/29/05 3:33 pm - Charleston SC...now...Somewhere in Cali-freakin-fornia!! , CA
I have a very big prayer request for me. My kitty is probably being put to sleep tomorrow. She has a problem/behaviour or something where she pees all over the house. We have had her tested numerous times, taken her to countless vets, spent thousands, literally on sprays, replacing carpets, and now she is much worse. My husband, who is also a Christian, told me tonight, its either him or the cat. Its just sooo bad now, no matter what I do. I have ordered all kinds of stuff, training things, sprays, cleaning solutions, powders, had her on kitty prozac, and everything. Nothing works. Locked her up in the bathroom with her litterbox, she then pees on the floor and poops next to it. Tonight she pooped on my bed. I just can't go on like this anymore, I agree, but I can't take her to the pound and risk she would go home to a bad person who might beat her or kill her if she peed in their house. I have prayed over this cat all the time, I have asked God to heal her, I have prayed out "pee demons" and everything. I am at my wits end. My guilt comes from the fact that this is God's creature, and He loves her too, and I feel so badly about putting her down, but it seems the only option. The house we are in now needs totally re-carpeting because of her, so I don't know what to do. Any thoughts, prayers or ideas would be appreciated. She is 10.5 yrs old, and I raised her from a baby....although it would appear not very well. Thanks everyone, God bless, and pray that I can get through this. Deborah
hollandtrooper
on 12/12/05 12:07 am - Comstock Park, MI
Deborah, I recently had to put my beloved Trooper kitty to sleep also for the very same reasons. I had found him skinny and covered with fleas at about 5 weeks of age. He still had his blue eyes. After we took him in, he fattened up into a very beautiful 16 pound tom cat. We loved him and he loved us for 14 wonderful years. Unfortunately, the equivalent of kitty senility took over causing him to pee and poop in places he would never have done before. After many months of cleaning up after him, on the carpet, wood floors, throw rugs, next to the litter box, we had no choice. He was miserable because he could not help himsellf. I was devastated when I had to make the decision. My beloved is now in kitty heaven and will be waiting for a good petting when I see him again. Sometimes, these things just happen to cats and as their caretakers, it is our job to make the tough choices. He was not happy making his messes and I could tell he was humiliated whenever he did one. Only God will ever understand the mind of a cat, but in exchange, we get to love them and they love us in return while they are here on earth. Good luck with your decision. I am sorry I can not give you any insight on how to change her behavior. Sometimes it is just the way of nature. Laurie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Yipee!
Sommer · 0 replies · 495 views
OUCH! Lesbians and Obesity
applekid · 0 replies · 1244 views
Hi!
Mary K. · 0 replies · 462 views
Persian Parent in Mass
goldroses · 0 replies · 544 views