OT: Symbolism in Passion

Trisha
on 3/11/04 12:08 pm - Glendale, AZ
Do any of you know the symbolism of Satan holding that baby on the sidelines when Jesus was carrying the cross up the road? I didn't get that part and what it meant/signified. God Bless! Trisha in Arizona
Cj B.
on 3/13/04 1:11 am
First of all....what an awesome movie....very moving. As far as the baby in Satan's arms...I wondered about that too and thought maybe it was to indicate the anti-christ??? ((hugs)) Carla
Kelly H.
on 3/13/04 10:32 am - prattville, AL
Yes great point about the anti Christ.. He is soon to come.. We must keep are eyes on Jesus the author and finisher of our faith... Love in Christ, Kelly pre op
val1004
on 3/16/04 3:52 am - Irving, TX
Hi Trisha, I read that Mel Gibson put that in there to show that Satan tempts us with things that seem innocent and good and not harmful to us But in reality they turn out to be evil. I loved the movie. I cried off and on throughout the whole movie. I hope the this movie bring salvation to Hollywood. My love for Jesus grew that day. He loves us so much, that we cannot even fathom the depths of His love. God bless you and have a wonderful day. Val
joyetta1
on 3/19/04 9:18 am - West Plains, MO
I am chiming in a few days after this was posted but I just have to say, "What an awesome movie that is!!" I also have experienced at deepened love for my Jesus---it is great! In response to the original question about the child that satan was carrying, I asked my pastor & his response was that we would have to talk to Mel Gibson to see exactly what he really meant but his speculation was like all of ours, that the child represented the antichrist. Also, though, he said that it could have also been satans way of saying to Jesus, "See how I take care of my baby compared to how your father is taking care of you right now???" And it could have been a means of torment for Jesus too. Just an interesting thought that I thought I would share with you all too. I think my favorite part of that movie was when Jesus stomped on that snake in the 1st 10 minutes of the movie---that said it all, "Satan, you are under my feet!!!" I wanted to jump up in that theatre & shout GLORY TO GOD at the top of my lungs but I restrained myself. (Don't know how though---must have been a God thing!) God Bless you all. Joyetta in Missouri
dina L.
on 4/5/04 2:34 pm - laurel, MD
Im glad you asked that question because i wondered the same thing , great responses. I loved that movie , I cried too, a lot.
Most Active