Exploratory surgery on Monday - URQ pain

az
on 11/5/08 12:48 am - MA
Glad to hear you found a solution to your pain!  Hopefully you are healed and back to normal.  I am still struggling with my issues.  Still out of work going on 9 weeks now.  While I had the drain in the sx were resolved.  The drain is now out and I am back to square one.  The pain has also shifted now to the right side, under my breastbone and mid back on the right.  Doc is checking out gall bladder to see if that is the culprit. 
(deactivated member)
on 4/27/09 8:57 am - Phx, AZ
April:

I was looking at discussions about adhesions, when I read your symptoms here... it's been months since you posted this...so forgive me for today's date... 

What did the surgery find?

I ask this because, I am 5 months post-ERNY...having developed pain about 3 months ago in the R waistline area, where some surger-izing was done in Nov.  My symptoms are similar to yours:
SEVERE upper abd bloating
SEVERE gas
Loss of appetite
Fatigue/Dizziness
Pressure in the back...behind where the waistline pain is, radiating up into the R back

I am going for a endoscopy tomorrow and a colonoscopy on Fri. 

Particularly important to my doc (not my gastric bypass doc) is that I have developed a chronic anemia...meaning NOT iron deficient...  he feels there is a bleed somewhere which has been going on for several months...because my blood counts are VERY low...my red blood count is 1/2 what it should be. 

Anyhow... any insight into what you have been diagnosed with...may be helpful...

Most Active