Unexplained Pain on Left Side

Amy E.
on 6/13/09 1:58 pm
I'm only three days post-op but my left side pain is excruciating.  In 2001-2002 I had severe left side pain I had an endoscopy- colonoscopy, had my gallbladder removed, was treated for h-pylori, etc, etc,,,, This went on for years. I was diagnosed with type two diabetes in 2004 and got on sugar meds the pain disappeared the only time the pain would recur when my sugar dropped low. Now I've had RNY and the pain is worse than anything I've ever felt. 
Thanxs, Amy

.HW267/SW257/CW172/GW148

MirandaW1966
on 7/1/09 3:26 pm
I was just released from the hospital yesterday after being admitted for sharp pain in my lower left abdomen.  I thought I had a kidney stone, I found out after a CT Scan that I had an obstruction in my bowel.  They admitted me and did several more tests including an upper and lower GI.  They discovered that I had an ulcer in my pouch that caused an opening in my old stomach - causing food to go into my old stomach and my pouch.  I'm on medication for the ulcer, but honestly am concerned about "what's next".  I pray that the ulcer will heal and all will go back to normal.  Any words of wisdom out there?  Please let me know if you have gone through this.
Feelin-lika-cow
on 10/28/09 4:32 am - north port, FL
Having same thing 2 yrs out  for over 1 month now...Tried bland diet and still hurting....Let me know if you find anything...
Lisa
Sandi_b_12709
on 3/16/11 6:31 am - MN
Hi Kathryn:
Sounds like we share somewhat the same symptoms, I had a loop RnY gastric by pass in 1981 did okay until early 90's started feeling ill, Long story, had a Gastric Revision Jan 2009 with some complications. All okay up until now, I went to my primary care doc late Jan 2011 for what I thought was a UTI, had CT scan done refered back to my surgeon he did a repeat of the CT scan and found that I had a distended and fluid filled remnant stomach (the old stomach) I now have a g tube placed for drainage this was done on Feb 1, 2011 but they still don't know what is going on , I don't have a gallbladder, appendix, had hernia repair done in November, I am having a endoscopy to see if he can see anything, my biggest fear is I hope it is not any serious medical condition. Please keep me posted if you learn of anything new. Good luck in your journey.
Sandi B
Cat0416
on 10/16/11 4:30 am
Hey everyone,
I am about 4 weeks post op. I havent had my first fill yet. I was doing great up untill about a week ago. I started experiencing left sided pain, it almost feels like a side stitch. I am also experiencing symptoms that feel like gerd. I dont know if they are related or not ir if its related to rhe food I have been eating. Any info would be so appreciated!
EOD WIFE
on 3/4/16 6:06 pm - Lawton Ft Sill, OK

I am almost 7 yrs out and for about the last ,3 weeks I have had pain in my upper left side. Had an ultrasound last week but they did not look on the left. She was looking for the gallbladder. It is good but the pain is still here.next week I go back and they are checking the left. Hope you are better,!

I  MY RNY 5-5-09    Life is Good
       myxferadd.jpg picture by mikeysbrightstarboobies.gif picture by mikeysbrightstar

kss1973
on 7/26/16 6:51 am - Center Barnstead, NH

I have been dealing with the same time of pain (& based on all the other replies, we are not alone) for 4 yrs now. Dealing with the pain is debilitating. I have had every test under the sun & Drs are still at a loss - exploratory surgery is probably going to be the next step. I hope they are able to pin point a cause for you & would love to hear updates. 

Good luck!

5'1 - HW 240.5 / SW 217.5 / CW 144.0 / GW 120

Brandy L.
on 11/12/09 5:24 am - Baudour , Belgium
Kathryn,

Did you ever find out what was causing your pain. I have had the same type of pain for a year now. Some weeks are better than others. I even had to go on sick leave for 2 months because I just couldn't function I was in sooo much pain. i was in and out of the hospital 3 times and had numerous tests as well.

Please share any updates you may have. I am living overseas right now, due to military assignments so we don't have the best doctors or even doctors that speak great English. So I am really needing something to talk to the doctors about.

Thanks,
Brandy

RNY - 03/07/2007 ;  LBL & BL - 11/7/2008

Most Active