Approved for Surgery and Scared Out of My Mind

cypip
on 7/24/11 1:05 pm
I finally got my surgery date of August 8th! I have decided to have the Sleeve procedure. However my mind has not stopped racing since I set the date. I have never had surgery and I am scared to death that something will go wrong. I keep hearing about embolisms and because I live a sedatary lifestyle I am assuming I am at a greater risk. Also I am nervous about post surgery procedures with my Type I Diabetes. I have read several posts on this website and have had many of my questions answered. However I just can't keep my mind to stop. I have a wonderful 4 year old son and I am terrified that something will happen and that I won't see him or my husband again. Just looking for support and reassurance.

Christine
Lucycat
on 7/25/11 5:36 am - Lewiston, ID
Christine, Please don't be afraid.  You are doing the very best thing for yourself and your family.  The hospital will make sure that you are up and moving about.  When you get home, you need to concentrate on getting your water in and slow walking for the first few weeks.  You will be okay, and a year from now you'll be a whole new you!

Sue

cypip
on 7/25/11 3:42 pm
Sue - Thanks for your supportive words. I guess its just the pre-surgery jitters! I know it is for the best but just afraid of the unknown.

Christine
greatmomof2
on 7/29/11 9:04 am - CA
i suffer from blood clots myself and embolisms, so as soon as they got me to my room, theyhad me walking around...i was just a few hrs out of surgery. Just get up and walk as much as you can, my blood sugars were running kind of high but it's just the trauma your body is going through. I'm a week and a half out of surgery and my blood sugars are still running a little high but i'm consistent and pretty much stable.
You will do great and good luck on your surgery. My prayers are with you!
your friend,
Undrea
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dry Mouth Substitute
Kayla_Davis1 · 1 replies · 167 views
Leg Stent, T1 Diabetes
AW · 0 replies · 494 views
Want sugar
jfak7670 · 2 replies · 838 views