Low Blood Sugar?

lisalynn
on 5/28/12 4:08 am - MS
I am having problems with my blood sugar dropping low, and i continue to try to eat, but it keeps droppingon some days and some days its fine...im not diabetic or on any meds that would affect my blood sugar..i have not had any wls yet, just been trying to watch what i eat..i am just wondering if anyone had this happen while they were pre diabetic or just before they found out they had diabetes,...my doctor didnt tell me that this could happen if your pre diabetic but ive heard that from alot of people,,has this happened to any one on here? its usally low when i wake up in the morning, and sometimes even when i make sure to eat riht before i go to bed.. then throughut the day i have to eat often and high sugar/carbs food to keep it up...?
funkyphillygirl
on 5/28/12 2:58 pm
have you tried counting carbs and making sure you eat protein whenever you eat carbs? 
dinkerdinks
on 5/30/12 3:12 pm
I have the same prob, i go to hospital for it all the time.... i have life alert now because of and get really sick, us a cain to walk and i am not old all bcause of gastric.... had no idea this could happen and it did. iam seeing many docs to get it better but ur diet is very inportant, people die from this, not to be scary but i have been sick since last fall when i had surgery and have lost 100 lbs in 9 mounths to fast thats what hurts it.... slow ur weight loss down if u can also eat very high carbs and suger should be very very limited try fruit, or as natuarl as u can i make a protien drink every day, and some times twice it has helped... also sweet pottatoes and skim milk that has help keep me alive. this has been very hard on me and my hubby i check my blood like 20 times a day and have to cary shoots for when i pass out, it really sucks but thank God iam still alive and trying to make the best of my life. always drink skim milk befor bed if you wake up in the night drink some again or suck on hard candy low carb and low sugar, count every thing you put in ur mouth when ur body is done lossing all ur weight it shuld leveal out and adjust, if not they can induse u too full on dieabeties, that sucks also...... i hope this helps my typing sucks and my sugar is low now, i live with this every day I UNDERSTAND, REALLY I DO.............. I am here if u need to talk thanks pamela......
lisalynn
on 6/2/12 6:34 pm - MS
thank you for the tips..I have been trying lately to eat more protein with the carbs to see if it helps my sugar stay up longer, and sme days it works and others it doesn't,..It is just all over the place right now..one day it will be dropping all day and i have to constantly watch it and eat every half hour to hour..and the next day it will be normal all day, but it takes me like a whole day to recover from the day before of low blood sugars because it makes me so tired..it is very unpredictable right now also, i havn't been able to pin point one thing that will help stabalize it every time yet..some things work one time then not another..anyway Im glad to get some support, im supposed to be going to see an endocrinologist soon, so maybe we can get this figured out..
(deactivated member)
on 8/21/12 3:15 am
HI, Friend's

thanks for share your problems ....

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dry Mouth Substitute
Kayla_Davis1 · 1 replies · 160 views
Leg Stent, T1 Diabetes
AW · 0 replies · 489 views
Want sugar
jfak7670 · 2 replies · 831 views