Yeast infections

connie n
on 4/13/04 2:49 am
Since my dx of diabetes, I have had unreal yeast infections. My doctor said that yeast infections are often the first sign of diabetes. Other than Monistat, any other suggestions-Bariatic appointment not til Aug 2004. Help
l L.
on 4/15/04 11:31 am - hoover, AL
ask your doctor would "diflucan" be a choice for you...it's a one time dose 100 to 200 mg tab...whereas you have to do the monistat x7days
connie n
on 4/16/04 12:19 pm
Thanks, I will....
teresa R.
on 4/26/04 2:49 pm - philadelphia, PA
Hi, Connie, I am new to the site but not new to diabetes or sleep apnea. On yeast infections, the higher your sugar level, the more you will have the yeast infection, and the drier you will be in the vaginal area. Concentrate on getting your sugar down, you will find it will help. the diflucan will help but as the sugar levels raise the yeast will be back. Again, the lower the sugar, the better for you, God Bless you. Teresa
Terriberrie
on 7/1/04 3:52 am - Jacksonville, FL
Teresa's comments are right on track - another thing that may help is eatting low sugar yogart. Also, many women with recurrent yeast infections also get urinary tract infections- be sure to drink lots of extra water when you have a yeast infection- this always helps me. Terri
baddgurrl
on 9/18/04 6:44 am - Chino Valley, AZ
I agree with the above poster about pushing the water and eating yoghurt as a great deterrant to yeast infections, I am fortunate that I have been pretty lucky not to have had a bunch of yeasties, the only time I can count on having one is when I am put on antibiotics. I agree that the diflucan is the best thing since sliced bread (OOF another thing that I cannot have!) but yeast is a huge problem. Some people even have big problems under their arms, or breasts, and any folds in their body. I know they are miserable , and the English actually douche with yoghurt!! We just eat it here, it helps balancing things out.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dry Mouth Substitute
Kayla_Davis1 · 1 replies · 159 views
Leg Stent, T1 Diabetes
AW · 0 replies · 488 views
Want sugar
jfak7670 · 2 replies · 830 views