DIABETIC LOOKING FOR INPUT ON GATRO BYPASS

JANICE E.
on 3/31/05 11:48 am - PLAINFIELD, NJ
THANKS SO MUCH PEG, I will bring that up with my dietician. Did you have the surgurey????? Thanks for leaving the door open to have some one to reach out to when your feeling down. Thanks Again, Janice
peggy B.
on 4/1/05 1:12 am - Yuba City, CA
Hi Janice, No, i am a preop. Right now my biggest struggle is to lose the last 22 pouds so that i can have the surgery. One of the things i do when i think of overeating is to remember the deciding factor of choosing to have the surgery. both of my parents were overweight, diabetic, heart patients and my mom also had breathing problems due to her weight...my dad was on oxygen because of his heart not being able to perform properly due to the excess weight. Like me he weighed in excess of 400 pounds (incidently i am down to 382! ) Both of them died from being overweight. I have relatives who are not overweight who lived till their 90's. My father died at 52 of a massive coronary. My Mom lost a leg and died 6 years later....and i may add here that it was a painful death due to the co-morbidities she had including arthritis. I have the same comorbidities as my mom. I know this is probably more info that anyone on the board wants to hear but it keeps me in line when i remember days that all my mom could do was moan and didn't realize i was even there half the time. She has been gone a year now. I don't want to live like that. Because of me not being able to care for her, she was in a convelescent home for the last 5 years of her life. She didn't want me to do WLS. I found out recently from my sister the reason she didn't want me to do it is because she had had the stomach stapling they did in the 70's and it failed..(of course it also had a failure rate of 95%) So you may email me all you wish or im me on yahoo messanger at joy_b_95991 and i wish you luck. Just remember why you wanted to start this journey anyways and you should be well on your way! Peggy
JANICE E.
on 4/1/05 1:13 pm - PLAINFIELD, NJ
Wild, Peg that's deep. I can identify with you but it was with something else I delt with in my passsss. We can talk more. "THANKS" so much for the info on what you have been thru but God is in control and he bought us both thru things in our pass to open our eyes. It's amazing how things could happen to family members and how it could blow us away but it doesn't stop us from doing what we are doing to ourselves to change it. I lost a sister and a brother but it did not stop me from doing what I was doing. Things have to stike us directly for us to see that we have to change the path we are walking down. So, pray for me and I'll be praying for you. You made it this far and I know you'll make it for the next 22lbs. Did I hear you lost what 1/2/3/4 lbs already, "AWESOME JOB". Lets stay in touch. Love, a new friend Janice
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dry Mouth Substitute
Kayla_Davis1 · 1 replies · 175 views
Leg Stent, T1 Diabetes
AW · 0 replies · 502 views
Want sugar
jfak7670 · 2 replies · 853 views