Recent Posts

CathyO911
on 9/30/13 4:27 pm - Albany, OR
RNY on 05/23/12
Topic: Anyone Still Here??

Just checking to see if anyone is still around here!  wanted to join in but its pretty quiet

Cathy        

Start Weight/324  **  Surgery/301  **  Current/184

Lap RNY on May 23, 2012

gatsby018
on 7/14/09 2:08 am - IN
Topic: RE: OMG!! A dispatcher board...
Congrats on the new job!  I know you will be busy.  I lived in Hennepin County for 3 years and used to work at Century Plaza.  There so many different police departments you could work for in the county.  Good luck.

aemusevi
on 7/13/09 6:56 pm - MN
Topic: OMG!! A dispatcher board...
I am a dispatcher for Hennepin County..  which is the largest county (population wise) in Minnesota.. I LOVE this job...  the only other job in this world that I would ever want is to be a police officer... which is why I'm here..    becoming a cop is so important to me..  Anybody out there hear me? :) 
hopeforme
on 1/31/09 1:23 pm - Charles City, VA
Topic: What a surprise! A dispatch board.
Hello,
 I'm a 911 dispatcher at a college and love my job!  I had Lap-band surgery Feb 13th almost 1 year ago and have lost 117#.  Glad to see this board!

HEIDI.CARROLL
on 11/17/08 6:12 am - Indian Head, MD
Topic: RE: Where is everybody? Dispatchers...
I'm a dispatcher!!! I just found it too.
bekah911
on 10/26/08 7:18 pm - NC
Topic: Where is everybody? Dispatchers...
I just found this board for dispatchers and no one has been here in forever?
mslenamaria
on 9/13/07 2:35 am - Whittier, CA
Topic: RE: I love it...a Dispatcher's Board!
If the masses behave themselves we will be out of a job.. lol.. Glad to see people on this board too. I have dispatched in California for four cities in the South Bay for almost ten years. I have been off for disability I was in a bad car accident broke my femur in two places. I return to work the yard on November first. Yeah! I am also worried about working all night. I am going to have to prepare prepare prepare. I work a 3/12. Good luck to all.
CMFitzpatrick
on 8/4/07 11:27 am - Sacramento, CA
Topic: Hi Everyone
Just introducing myself. Retired from Sacramento Co Sheriff this past Nov. CAn't believe it's been almost a year. Wasn't a dispatcher, worked in Records; but was on radio with background, warrants, ect.............what a blast!!! Did it for 15 years, loved every minute of it. And truely miss the radio. Thinking I may go into actual dispatching after surgery, and regain some self confidence back. Well, just wanted to say hello, and check out the board. Talk to ya all later, Colleen
cburky911
on 2/19/07 4:10 pm - Columbus, OH
Topic: Stress Reduction
Well, I've done some things over the past year to reduce the amount of stress in my life. I know that working in this kind of job makes that very difficult...but I did what I could. First off was getting through the surgery. I had my surgery last June 14 and have had great success. I've lost a total of 181 pounds so far Another thing that I did was to step down as a Comm. Supervisor and go back to being a line level dispatcher. I finally realized that maybe being a supervisor wasn't for me. I think it was the right move for my dept. and I know it was the right move for me. I disabled my password on my work email so that I can not check it at home It's amazing how many times I would check my work email at home...not any more I took a vacation and went up to Punxsutawney, PA for Groundhogs Day. That's the first real vacation I've taken for a while, and I spent the whole week NOT thinking about work and getting some much needed rest
cburky911
on 2/19/07 3:52 pm - Columbus, OH
Topic: RE: hey everyone!!
I keep some food in my locker so that I have decent stuff to eat. But I also work 3rd shift when fast food retaurants typically aren't opened. I keep some cans of Hormel Vegi or Turkey chili, some Cheerios and some weight control oatmeal. For those times when I need a "salty" snack, I found some Soy Crisps a few weeks ago that are pretty good. They're low fat / high protein and they come in a few different flavors. I also keep a box of the Reduced Fat Triscuts in my locker.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone Still Here??
CathyO911 · 0 replies · 435 views
OMG!! A dispatcher board...
aemusevi · 1 replies · 788 views
Hi Everyone
CMFitzpatrick · 0 replies · 384 views