Bichon Puppy

millerkb
on 5/13/04 3:44 am - Chesapeake, VA
Hi all, I'm the proud mommy of a 3 month old Bichon Frise. This is my first pet that I've ever had in my life. Her name is Crystal and already she is a part of the family....except my other kids don't pee or poop in the house. But hey we're almost there with the training. We average maybe one "accident" a day. I welcome any advice on grooming, health and care!
max
on 5/13/04 4:49 am - Tulsa, OK
I am glad to hear you love your new Bichon. My mother/father-in-law had 7 new pups born May 1. We are getting one when they are old enough to leave mom. I'd love to hear about little Crystal. I am pre-op with surgery date August 16, 2004. Jacque
marypaige
on 5/16/04 11:50 am - Arlington, VA
Kim: My 10 year old Bichon (Beau) is my baby! Bichons are incredible dogs: smart, determined, stubborn, playful, loving. You will be very happy with your new baby. Ear infections are common. Get your baby used to having ears cleaned now. Brush your baby's coat now, too, so she will enjoy it later. Brush teeth now. Anything you want to do later, start doing now: nails, teeth, coat, etc. Make it fun, like a game, so she will not think twice about it later. I get Beau groomed every 6 weeks. They have hair (not fur) and do not shed, and they have no dander. They are hypo-allergenic pets!!!! Skin allergies are common with Bichons, too. Use medicated or moisturizing shampoos (oatmeal and tea tree are good). Expect at least on "hot spot" a year in the spring/summer as your baby gets older. You'll learn lots about these later! Good luck and congrats again on your new addition. I know you will love your Crystal as much as I love my Beau.
Most Active
Recent Topics