((((vicious puppy))))

JeannieGoodmon
on 10/24/04 2:19 am - MODESTO, CA
My daughter and I go to a horse and tack auction every other Saturday night, well 3 weeks ago this little girl brought over a cute, cuter than cute, puppy, a corgi~jack russell mix. It was love at first site. I held her in my arms and she just lay there asleep, so peacefully. And of course we said yes , we would love to take her. We named her "Dixie". I took her over to my friends house the next day where she removed a dew claw (just one) that was hanging on her foot. Again she was as cool as a cucumber. I went down to my local feed store and purchased her shots and I gave her first shot no problem. Her lies the problem: Its 3 weeks later and this puppy rules the roost around here, our lab is sick of having his ears chewed on, our cats are always hanging out in the highest places, because she chases them every chance she gets. My big cat slaps and boxes Dixie but it just makes Dixie even madder. Now my big cat is running from her. So then it was time for her second dose (shot) and I could not do it, she growls, bit, squirmed and fought. I was sooo mad. She growls at us to get her way, if we are near her food, she will snap at us, my daughter trys to scold her when she does do it, but she will growl and snap more.....WHAT DO I DO????? HELP ME, I HAVE THE CUTEST VICIOUS PUPPY THAT WE STILL LOVE AND ADORE. Any suggestions are welcome! Jeannie
thunderwp
on 10/24/04 6:48 am - Dorothy, NJ
Sounds like a cute lil bugger! I would suggest calling your vet or a local vet and ask them for suggestions. Also, stores like Petsmart have dog training class, perhaps they could help you. If all else fails try your local shelters.. they often provide obedience training and hints. Good Luck with that! - Candie
JeannieGoodmon
on 10/28/04 1:49 pm - MODESTO, CA
Hi Candie, I do have a petsmart here in town, thats an awesome idea, thanks.... Jeannie
John K
on 10/28/04 1:45 pm - Katy, TX
Send her packing, one thing you dont need is a biting dog.
Vivian M.
on 11/4/04 4:04 am - Middle Village, NY
DON'T SEND HER PACKING JUST YET.. DON'T GIVE UP YET!! She's a baby.. You just have to show her that you are the boss. Don't take any guff from her and DON'T SHOW HER YOU'RE AFRAID OF HER.. She can smell your fear. Grab the little bugger by the back of the neck and shake GENTLY.... (That's what momma dogs do when their pups misbehave).. Also get a crate for her and give her a time out.. she'll understand that eventually. Also put your hand over her muzzle and give her a loud and FIRM NO!!!.. Hope this helps. Vivian
Mowgaw
on 11/5/04 4:31 am - Columbus, OH
I have a Jack Russel / Chihuahua mix. She will be a year old on 12/07. What a cutie! It has taken almost a year for her to "get it" - they way things are. Jacks are independent, dominant, and stubborn. There were times that I really wanted to get rid of her but I persisted and she is quite a sweet little dog now. BUT you can NEVER turn your back on a Jack. They will get into anything and everything! My Gracie is a keeper though!
Most Active
Recent Topics