question for those who had/have gas

(deactivated member)
on 3/27/08 8:18 am - TN
Scotty already told you about the combined antibiotic approach, Nancy: Here are the details: Flagyl 500mg twice daily for two weeks AND Cipro twice daily for two weeks The second week, add a complex probiotic and keep taking it After this course, continue to take a maintenance dose of Flagyl, 500mg three times a week, as well as the probiotic. My surgeon wrote the prescriptions for me. I had diarrhea the whole time I was on the antibiotics but the odor was completely gone by the third day. I hope you can get this and that it helps--nobody should have to live like that!
jen319_rn
on 3/27/08 12:14 pm - La Plata, MD
Thanks for all the replies. the fact is that I am still so new (7 weeks) and the kicker is that I wasnt gassy before. i hope I am not one of the souls who never get it under control but I am making a note of the suggestions given and appreciate them.

Jennifer

mittenfarm
on 3/27/08 11:12 pm - County Line, MI
I have almost no problem with gas if I stay away from simple carbs and lactose. Once I figured out that I was lactose intolerant and stayed away from most dairy, it went away. -Wanda
Highest -380  Surgery- 345     Goal- 150   Current-150     5 ft. 8 in.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 1057 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 9 replies · 1220 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 506 views