EXCRUCIATING pain from hemorrhoids. Please help! TMI

Tenorwb
on 5/2/09 3:51 pm - NJ
You did have him sign-up for the better or worse clause?

To teach something is to have it.  To have something you must be it.   Teach peace, for that is what you are. 
To listen to me sing:   www.youtube.com/watch

Star Jones
on 5/3/09 1:47 am - National Harbor, MD
He's a really good guy.....I was a lil surprised when he sent his vows over to his lawyer to check for loopholes!! LMAO

~Shani~
I've been pudgy, chubby, thick, and now fat........Imma give thin a go round!!!

SW-262, size 18W, 5'6"
CW-168 1/15/2010
GW-162
94 Lbs down...6 more to go...changed goal to see Onderland for a hot second!

(deactivated member)
on 5/2/09 12:11 pm
Nupercainal......it's the bomb!  Numbs the hell outta 'em.  Little dab before you poop, and ahhhhhhh.  Then another little dab after....
Cath
~ Leelee ~
on 5/2/09 12:22 pm - CO
 SOLD!  Added to my list for tomorrows hemorrhoid-healing outing.  Thank you!!!  I look forward to numbing my derriere.
Lisa Height 5'10"  HW 335/SW 321/Dr GW 185/personal GW 165/CW 148.  150cm CC!
Dr's goal weight reached JUNE 2010! Presently healthy, active, size 4/6, & below "goal".

marilyn A.
on 5/2/09 12:38 pm - willoughby, OH
DS on 03/17/94
You might want to try Mirasol...a gentle, effective laxative.
Marilyn in ohio
ds i*****
235/140
~ Leelee ~
on 5/3/09 2:56 am - CO
 Thank you, Marilyn.  I'm writing down all suggestions.  I'll try *anything*.
Dr's goal weight reached JUNE 2010! Presently healthy, active, size 4/6, & below "goal".

SometimesBlonde
on 5/2/09 12:56 pm - NE
Calcium constipates me, big time, but I can't live without it. I take 2 generic colace tablets after each meal. I've also found that eating half a small apple per day does more for me than the benefiber or miralax does. I've decided that the carbs in the apple are a small price to pay to avoid constipation. I've also found that I need at least 100 oz of water per day.

Please see your doctor ASAP. I've had hemorrhoids since I was 11 years old, and the amount of pain you are describing is worse than any I've had. Make sure it's not a fissure, and make sure they treat whatever the problem is. Until then, try some glycerin suppositories from the drug store. They don't have a laxative effect, but they do lubricate.

Joyce
 HW 290 / SW 275 / CW 143 / GW 160
~ Leelee ~
on 5/3/09 1:48 am - CO
 Thank you, Joyce.  I just went out and bought some lettuce and I think apples are next on my list.

Stacey M.
on 5/2/09 3:41 pm - Olney, MD
(Sorry to sem i- hijack!!)

So if you think you have a fissure...what if you don't go to the doc? Won't it heal on its own? I'm pretty sure I have one, it's been going on 2 weeks now. I came off of phentermine and was immediately constipated. When I finally went, I felt a really sharp pain like I just passed a piece of glass. The tp was bloody and there was blood in the toilet. It got better for a few days, then one day I had the pain again and when I wiped it looked like my period (sorry, tmi!). A lot of blood! It's been on and off since then.

Leelee are you bleeding too? Is that the sign of a fissure vs hemorroid?

I am taking generic stool softeners - 2 pills 2x/day - but I think I'm going to increase them to 3x/day. I know what you mean about it disrupting your life. I'm afraid to poo!
~ Leelee ~
on 5/3/09 1:53 am - CO
 I'm afraid to poo too!!!  :(

I just got back from Urgent Care and the doc told me that she couldn't do anything for me as they didn't have the equipment there, so I would need to go to the emergency room or contact my surgeon.  I would prefer not to go to the emergency room, so she recommended I call my surgeon, explain my problem in detail, and have THEM refer me to a doc in my area.  Since I had an out-of-state procedure, most of the docs I've interacted with don't want anything to do with me.  So I need Dr A's office to refer me directly and call the doc themselves so that the doc here will take me on.  The urgent care doc also said she wouldn't know where to refer me exactly as she is not an expert in the field.  ugh!

I'm not having any bleeding and it feels like it is inside me, but internal hemorrhoids do not cause pain so it is puzzling.  

I will be calling my surgeons office tomorrow and pleading for a referral.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 1046 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 9 replies · 1203 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 497 views