Anyone got a pork chop and potato flavored protein drink?

Sheanie
on 4/3/10 9:57 am
Larissa:  You will do so good at the DS, having been on this forum beforehand.  I didn't find this forum until afterwards. 

The liquid diet is more tolerable if you really chug the water (with Crystal Lite, or Arizona Green Tea with Ginseng), keep your stomach full.  Then it doesn't have a chance to complain. 

I feel your pain, though.  If you get too dizzy, try some salty chicken bouillion.  Your BP might be low.

I.  am.  not.  a.  doctor.

HW 250ish  SW 219  CW 110  LW 100

Larissa P.
on 4/3/10 2:06 pm - Denton, TX
The chicken bouillion did the trick! I'm still hungry as hell, but I don't feel so out of it. Thanks for the tip!
Duodenal Switch hybrid due to complications.

Click! > DS Documents ~ VitaLady.com ~ DSFacts.com ~ OH DS FB
Sheanie
on 4/3/10 2:13 pm
Oh, good.  I'm SO GLAD it helped.  I learned that trick once when I was dehydrated and couldn't keep anything down.  I had a brainstorm and just started licking a chicken bouillion cube.  It worked, and then I drank some Gatorade and kept that down. 

I can't wait to read your posts after DS.  I just know you will be a great DSer!

I.  am.  not.  a.  doctor.

HW 250ish  SW 219  CW 110  LW 100

CharleeG
on 4/3/10 12:20 pm - Jonesboro, AR
In the middle of mine too. Chicken broth is saving me!

fedupat44
on 4/3/10 11:41 pm - Wynne, AR
Oh girls! Charlee too!!! This is the place to vent and get "good" advise from starving to death from that liquid diet!!! I'd have been whining too believe me!!!!!! I just didn't have to do it!!! I did not in any way mean to diminish your suffering, believe me, I'm just excited for you both. You've just come so far to get this Larissa, but by no means will you not go through what we've gone through and I do not want to discourage you in getting replies for what you are going through at any stage!! This forum is soooo Helpful!!!!!!!!!!!! And the folks are sooooo nice and so real!!!!!!!!!! And my new Arkansas friend Charlee! I'm so excited for my new Arkansas DS sistah!!! Not too many DS'ers in AR I suppose!!! Prayers for both of you ladies and you whine and ask away whatever you need to, to get you 2 through this and on the other side!!! Love ya'll!!!!

Anna G.
on 4/4/10 12:07 am
Hang in there, hon! I didn't do a liquid diet so I can't offer any suggestions, except that knowing me, I would probably be dropping me a pork chop into a blender with some water to liquify that sucker right up. But don't take that as medical advice. LOL

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 357 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 815 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 271 views