9 month update, with photo whoring

shannn
on 4/10/11 7:58 am, edited 4/10/11 8:02 am - Knoxville , TN
So, I'm a few days late for my 9 month update but I'm doing it anyway because I used to love these posts. I had my DS in July and I've lost 131 pounds so far. I am just 1 pound away from my surgeon's original goal for me. I want to see my ticker get to the end, but after that I will put a new one on because I have adjusted my goal weight to be 149, the high end of a normal BMI. I suspect that I will bounce back to stay about where I am right now but I'd like to see "normal" for a minute. 

I mostly feel just normal now, at least in my clothes. I have a huge panni, major bat wings, droopy boobies, and a sharpei butt. I have a hernia which makes my stomach stick out strangely right above my belly button. But all of that doesn't show in my clothes. I'm wearing a size 14 pants and a size Large tshirt (SOOOO strange to not have any Xs.) The percentile BMI site says that I'm in the 53rd percentile for my age group and that is all I ever wanted!!

I spot check my protein, trying to get around 100-120 grams per day. I start off each day with a double scoop protein coffee and I've recently started having a Clic****d coffee drink in the afternoon as well. I don't count carbs, although I do stay away from white carbs. I might have a bite of bread with lots of butter at a restaurant, but beyond that I haven't had any bread. I have had maybe a bite of pasta or rice, although I do have baked potatoes every once in a while. Mostly I eat protein~ steak, shrimp, & lobster are my favorites. I still have trouble with pork chops and chicken sometimes.

Here are the photos, mostly from our recent spring break trip to Florida:

springbreak382.jpg With my kids at Universal

On a TEETER TOTTER with my son!

Wearing MATCHING shirts with my daughter!

I actually allowed a picture to be taken of me in a swimsuit!

9monthcollagecopy-2.jpg
My before and after/now

~shannon
"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." ~E. Roosevelt

(Ticker includes 11 pounds lost in pre-op diet.) 

hopper116
on 4/10/11 8:10 am - Murphy, NC
So happy for you.  Thank you for sharing!

Beautiful pics!

Stephanie
shannn
on 4/10/11 8:12 am - Knoxville , TN
Thanks Stephanie. It's fun to share! :) 
~shannon
"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." ~E. Roosevelt

Joanlaptods
on 4/10/11 8:17 am
9 months! what a trip! amazing. You look so healthy and energetic.
Joan

start 315lbs lapband feb2006-196 lbs night Reflux bc esophageal dilation,216 lbs band replaced may 2008. Gained up to 286lbs still reflux and regurg Ds March 2011   cw 165 lb    

shannn
on 4/10/11 8:40 am - Knoxville , TN
Thanks. It really is amazing how fast it happens! You blink and it's gone. I don't know about energetic, but that's because I'm still old even if I'm not fat. ;) 
~shannon

scoob
on 4/10/11 8:32 am - Somerset, KY
WOW girl! You look awesome!! Rock on with your bad self! Gorgeous! Love the matching shirts!!

Ruby

tazmaddy34 is my HW/SW/CW/GW 346/335/183/150   5'4.25"

shannn
on 4/10/11 8:41 am - Knoxville , TN
Thank you, Ruby. It was always a dream for my daughter & I to have matching shirts! Luckily, she's still young enough that she thought it was awesome. :) Give her a couple more years and she'll be rolling her eyes!
~shannon

Julie R.
on 4/10/11 10:18 am - Ludington, MI
 Wow - you look great, and I love seeing you having so much fun with your children.   I think you might be surprised that you're still not done losing.   Also, you're still kind of in the stage post-op where our proportions are strange.   You might be surprised that things even out still more.   Congratulations!
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

shannn
on 4/10/11 10:54 pm - Knoxville , TN
Thanks Julie! We did have a great vacation. It feels good not to worry about hiding behind people in pictures. :) I hope you're right about the proportions. Honestly I have a hard time feeling good about myself knowing what's under my clothing.
~shannon

amccu18007
on 4/10/11 10:37 am - Newark, DE
You look fantastic!!! I love the posts of you playing with your children. Those are the best! Congrats on all of your successes and I am sure that there will be more to come
  Amanda
SW 269    CW 135.6  GW 140    

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 352 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 806 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 270 views