Dry vitamins vs. other....?

morgangirl
on 4/12/11 2:53 am - MI
I'm shopping around for the best prices on vitamins and I am wondering if there is a rule of thumb to follow when making sure what you are purchasing is the "dry" form.

I believe (and please set me straight if I am incorrect!) that if you order a capsule or tablet then that is better than a softgel.  Capsule/tablet = dry and softgel = fat soluable.  Is it this simple or am I oversimplifying things?
Elizabeth N.
on 4/12/11 2:59 am - Burlington County, NJ
Well, generally that's true, but not with everything. And of course now I'm drawing a blank on the exceptions. I hate it when stuff falls out of my head.
levittown_loser
on 4/12/11 3:19 am - Levittown, PA
DRY to us SIMPLY MEANS IT'S NOT PACKED IN OIL!    (Why?  Because we malabsorb 80% of FAT ... OIL = FAT = 80% of your vite down the toilet.

D and E are very commonly prepared this way.    IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE CAPSULE ... OR THE CAP .... OR WHATEVER IS ON THE OUTSIDE!  

Tom

HW 341/SW 309/CW 169/GW 190   172 lb. loss with my DS -  Subscribe to me on YouTube!
Plastics with Dr. Sauceda 1-11-11 Lower Body Lift, Thigh Lift, Upper Body Lift, Arm Lift and Male Breast Reduction

If you are a MALE and are interested in MALE PLASTICS AFTER WLS click to join our OH Group!

morgangirl
on 4/12/11 3:23 am - MI
Tom -
How do we know then that what we are buying is the dry form if it doesn't specifically say it in the name? 
levittown_loser
on 4/12/11 3:34 am - Levittown, PA
Most do indicate DRY on the label  but if it's comes in a 1 piece sealed caplet type pill and you don't see powder in it .... it's most likely oil based.         Look here

Here is a picture to look at .... there are 2 pills here that might not be good for us ...

http://i.ehow.com/images/a05/dn/0a/vitamins-caplet-form-vs_-capsule-800X800.jpg

HW 341/SW 309/CW 169/GW 190   172 lb. loss with my DS -  Subscribe to me on YouTube!
Plastics with Dr. Sauceda 1-11-11 Lower Body Lift, Thigh Lift, Upper Body Lift, Arm Lift and Male Breast Reduction

If you are a MALE and are interested in MALE PLASTICS AFTER WLS click to join our OH Group!

morgangirl
on 4/12/11 3:37 am - MI
Gotcha - thanks!
vitalady
on 4/12/11 5:45 am - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
It's just NOT oil, as far as being tablet or capsule. Capsule is two pieces with powder. SOFTGEL is the footballs Tom has shown. We don't do those.

What's inside counts, tho. Finding a really great deal on DRY beta carotene is the same as buying empty capsules. You need retinol.

The D has to be D3.

The E has to be d-alpha tocopherol succinate.

K1, K2, selenium, Co Q 10 all have to be dry.

All of the fat solubles have to be delivered to you in a WATER soluble way. I don't use the word water miscible. It's not accurate, because the wrong forms can be made water miscible.

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 873 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1114 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 387 views