Today is my SURGIVERSARY!!! Pics included!

Renee2007
on 5/3/11 1:21 pm - Central, FL
 Congratulations on your first year! You have done so well and you look fantastic!

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

kat08
on 5/3/11 1:27 pm - Matthews, NC
Your post really made me smile. :)  Your success is amazing.  Thank you so much for sharing with us.
-Kathy
Have you had or are you going to have the DS and live in the Charlotte, NC area?  There is a DS meet up group near you!  PM me for details.
BeSwitched
on 5/3/11 1:40 pm, edited 1/23/12 9:21 pm

Sharon555
on 5/3/11 1:48 pm
I am brand new to this website.  I only just decided that WLS is something I have the courage to do.  I am a firm believer that there are no accidents in life.  Having just read your amazing story ...and to think that it all happened in one year..12 months...365 days.  I must tell you, I am reduced to tears.

I am so moved with your story. 

As I am making my decisions on what surgery I will eventually get....your story will inspire me!

Thank you for sharing!

Sharon
Julie R.
on 5/3/11 2:01 pm - Ludington, MI
 You, my dear, look absolutely amazing.   What a tremendous gift you've given to your wife and son!
Congratuations!   It seems like you just had your DS a few days ago, not an entire year!
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

Jennifer D.
on 5/3/11 2:04 pm
You look so tiny, and so young, and so happy. I want that too!!!!
Congratulations!
                                      Jennifer
          Thank you Cheri and Holly!
       Think twice, cut once! I've had 3 surgeries now, RNY, VSG and DS .
                                Ask me about the DS or visit dsfacts.com
2002 - RNY
2010 - RNY to VSG
2011 - Full DS-August 24th
                HW 311   SW 306  CW 235  GW 150
lauralisi
on 5/3/11 2:08 pm - Dona Ana, NM
You look terrific-strong, healthy and happy.Congratulations!
Fade2Pink
on 5/3/11 2:13 pm - Salt Lake City, UT
A year?!  Already?!  Wowser.  I remember when you posted about your baby's birth.  I remember you sharing about your job opportunity.  I remember your getting ready for surgery.  I remember letting us know of your issues with the reflux and nausea.  I'm SO thrilled that you have found a good cure for that and can enjoy the new life you have created for yourself.  Created for your family.  It's freaking mind-blowing that you have lost that much weight, in really a short period of time.  Has your brain caught up with your body yet?  Congrats on your success and happy surgiversary!!
Duodenal Switch 4/29/09
Loving my DS!!

sarah141
on 5/3/11 2:24 pm - Fort Bragg, CA
Congratulations on everything!  Thank you for sharing your story, it's amazing and inpiring.  It's wonderful to see how happy everyone is with the new life they have chosen!  I know I don't regret my DS either!  Keep enjoying your baby and your new life!
 - Sarah    (Don't tell anyone I'm a secret ninja warrior!)
Visit: ThugRadio.Net, twitter.com/ThugRadio, sarah-anderson.artistwebsites.com/

Bherfomet
on 5/3/11 2:39 pm - salem, IN
MAN ur story is so inspirational. im about to have a visit with a weight loss surgeon soon as they call me for the apt. my sister had the ds and lost like u did then seeing u. i want it so bad. im just so scared i wont be able to understand everything i have to do afterward. like what blood work to have done, what vitamins do i have to take how much of them. all that is scary to me. im so scared ill screw up. this board is helping but im still confused some. im 6'2 prolly 410 but bad thing for me even more is im paraplegic. i cant hardly even get out of my house like this. which sucks i love the outdoors. i thank u for sharing your story.  hope i can figure this all out and have that success
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 975 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1168 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 433 views