Surgery Approval Question

s00zy66
on 5/10/11 3:43 pm - TX
How did you learn your surgery was approved by insurance?  Did you get a call?  Did you receive a letter?  I've been waiting almost three weeks and am getting ants in my pants.  :)  I was told that Aetna has the quickest response time.  Can you tell that I'm not good with delayed gratification? 
    HW / SW / CW / GW          348 / 327 / 175/ 140          Jan11 / Jun11 / Sep12 /

ImANewDee
on 5/10/11 3:59 pm - Grand Rapids, MI 49504, USA, MI
I think we all have an issue with delayed gratification to some extent when we want something this badly. 

I personally got a call from my drs nurse to schedule.  I was up their butt though. lol

Hope you hear something very, very soon! :)

526 / 488 / 208 / 200
HW SW CW GW

Janine P.
on 5/10/11 5:09 pm - Long Island, NY
I called my insurance company every day, twice a day.  10:30 in the morning and 4:30 in the afternoon.  I nagged. 

Janine   Me on Youtube 

mhiggins
on 5/10/11 11:04 pm
YUP! I called daily!!! I even called the number on the back of my card for the "doctors" to call, said i was a nurse from there, I got better info that way. I was restless! lol
Leslie is my Angel*
[[ m i s s y ]]

(deactivated member)
on 5/11/11 12:11 am
Do you know for sure that they have submitted to insurance?  I had my final appotintment on May 3rd but I know the psych had to do her work up and give it to Dr. Stewart.  I have no idea how long that takes.  I have ants in my pants too.  I hate waiting.
s00zy66
on 5/11/11 12:10 pm - TX
I called Dr. Stewart's office today and left a message for Matt, but no return phone call.  So, I sent him an email. 

His reply: 

Hi Susan,
I am going to check in on this for you. Kathleen is verifying insurance benefits and righting the pre determination letters for us.  I will get with her on this. I hope all is going well with you, and please let me know if you need anything else.
Sincerely,
Matthew  

If I call the Insurance company tomorrow, who should I speak with and what should I ask them?

Thanks for all the replies!
    HW / SW / CW / GW          348 / 327 / 175/ 140          Jan11 / Jun11 / Sep12 /

dandylion
on 5/11/11 4:24 am - Matthews, NC
My surgeon submitted everything to my insurance company and within a few days insurance company had called me and I had a letter within a few more days. It was superfast for me. I hope you hear soon.
KellySwitched
on 5/11/11 10:06 am - TX
I couldn't wait so I called my insurance company every 2 days until they answered me. It only took about a week and a half.
If I were you, I would call them, becasue you nevery know if you paperwork was misplaced and your waited for nothing.
Kayla B.
on 5/11/11 12:03 pm - Austin, TX
I called my insurance...but it only took a few calls.  Once, I found out they were missing a couple components.  The gal told me word for word what she needed my doctor to submit in writing.  Next time, it said I'd be pre-certified. 
5'9.5" | HW: 368 | SW: 353 | CW: 155 +/- 5 lbs | Angel to kkanne
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/beforefront-1-1.jpg?t=1247239033http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/th_CIMG39903mini.jpg  
butercup
on 5/12/11 10:53 am - Kennewick, WA
I have Aetna too and they told me it could take up to two weeks. My Aetna is a little different cuz it's through Bank of America.

I've just started my 90 pre-op doc supervised diet.
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 780 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1064 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 351 views