The Best Peanut Butter I've Ever Had

adkmtngirl
on 5/16/11 9:02 am - Brant Lake, NY
 So, I had an hour to kill before picking up my daughter from practice and didn't want to go home. I was hungry so I stopped by this little store looking for a snack. I couldn't find any nuts or seeds I liked, so I started scoping out the other stuff. I came across a shelf with about 9 different types of all natural peanut butters... I bought something called "Adirondack Jack" peanut butter.  http://www.yopeanut.com/ 

It made from almonds & peanuts (a 50/50 blend) and then they added crandberries, sunflower seeds, cinnamon, honey, flax seeds. Oh my it's yummy!!!!!!!!!! No added sugars, so it's 9 grams protein and 6 net carbs per 2 T serving....this is going to be my yummy go to snack for a while I'm sure. That's if I can get it back from my 3yo who has had 2 sandwiches made from it already!!

Kristina

kj80230
on 5/16/11 11:03 am
That sounds awesome!!
  ~Kj ~                                       My   is Betty (bldeck)                 277/268/174/150  
                     Lab Rat Data     HW/SW/CW/GW

* Gail R *
on 5/16/11 12:21 pm - SF Bay Area, CA
Too bad it seems to be only available in New York... I will look for something similar in this area. We have loads of specialty and health food stores in the SF Bay Area.

~Gail R~  high wt.288,  surg wt 274, LW 143, CW 153,  GW164

k9ophile
on 5/16/11 12:32 pm
Looks yummy!  I went to their site.  They get bonus points for a printable mail order form.  I prefer to write checks rather than use a credit card whenever possible.  The New York Maple looks very tempting as well as the Adirondack Jack.  Thanks for the heads up.

"Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us."  Stephen Covey

Don't litter!  Spay or neuter your pet

NoMore B.
on 5/16/11 1:04 pm
 Kristina
Yup, I love these!  Do you ever get down here to the Troy Farmer's market?  They sell them there, and sometimes they have them at the Price Chopper in Saratoga (Exit 15).

adkmtngirl
on 5/17/11 7:49 am - Brant Lake, NY
 I'm always at Price Chopper at Exit 15! I get mine at "The Crossroads" in Chestertown (Exit 25). Who would of thought that a sporting goods store would carry this. 
Kristina

NoMore B.
on 5/17/11 8:05 am
 Let me know the next time you're down this way.  I live about 15 minutes from Exit 15 - we could have some lunch and peanut butter shopping and sampling ;)
adkmtngirl
on 5/17/11 8:35 am - Brant Lake, NY
 sounds good, hopefully I'll be down in the next few weeks, I need to get to BJ's  for some staples. If you still have my number txt me...I lost all my contact info on my phone....
Kristina

KimberlyHeidi
on 5/17/11 1:05 am - VA
 That looks really good. Would love to try some!
(deactivated member)
on 5/17/11 1:42 am - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
That looks good!

I used to LOVE Naturally More, it had higher protein and fiber, cuz of egg whites, wheat germ, and flax, and only 160 cals per 2 T with 10 g of protein and only 3 g sugar

THEN they changed the formulation (cuz of the oils in the peantus they say :{ ) and now its runny as hell, hardly any substance 200 calories per and not all wheat germy and flaxxy like it was!

I usually smoo**** up with Hershey Dark Cocoa and roll it in a piece of havarti for heaven in a cheese slice, but now its hardly worth it.

So I got some almond butter and just added my own flax and germ and powdered egg white and its okay, but it sure was nice when it was so convenient!!

I am probably glad that kind you posted isnt available locally. :}

I never wanted PNB before surgery, but after?  Its the only thing that changed with my tastebuds after surgery! 
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 332 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 794 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 267 views