Update: Insurance Submission: Dr Stewart

s00zy66
on 5/17/11 6:57 am - TX
Ok, here is the skinny.....

As part of my medical supervised program I was requried to complete three months with the dietician, which I fulfilled last month.  Today was my fourth appointment because they didn't want me to have a lapse in visits until Aetna approved surgery.  I made it a point not to leave the office until I had some answers so to why, a whole month later, the predetermination letter was not submitted.  After speaking with a few people in the office and a phone call was made to the person submitting, I found out that my paperwork was submitted last Thursday.  In order to give me some peace of mind, I called the insurance company to verify that they had indeed received the paperwork.  I was then told that there was "clinical" information missing.  My heart sank at that point because I remember Leah telling me that since I didn't see a doctor in 2010 and didn't have medical records for three consecutive years to submit then my request may be rejected.  (I did give all medical records back to 2006 to help appease them).  So with my natural "worse case senario" thinking, I immediately emailed the lady who submitted for me and asked her about it.  She emailed me back and let me know that whoever intook the paperwork didn't check the fax machine for the additional information.  

Morale of this story.....it's a waiting game at this point.  I hope to know something in the next two weeks.  
    HW / SW / CW / GW          348 / 327 / 175/ 140          Jan11 / Jun11 / Sep12 /

(deactivated member)
on 5/17/11 7:10 am, edited 1/27/12 3:37 am
s00zy66
on 5/17/11 7:15 am - TX
From what I understand, Dr. Conde has to send out the exams for scoring.  How long ago was it that you saw her?  It should only take a few weeks from the time you took it to get it back.  I'll keep you posted and you do the same.  We have to stick together on this!
    HW / SW / CW / GW          348 / 327 / 175/ 140          Jan11 / Jun11 / Sep12 /

(deactivated member)
on 5/17/11 11:02 pm, edited 1/27/12 3:38 am
s00zy66
on 5/17/11 7:14 am - TX
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 799 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1078 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 353 views