First trip to Six Flags Post Op!

Piliper
on 5/28/11 10:43 pm
 Kind of a weird, small wow/fun event for me. My wife and I went to Fiesta Texas (Six Flags) on Friday just for the heck of it. I haven't been in 12+ years. Of course, I couldn't go before as I wouldn't fit on the rides.

It was just a pleasant reminder of how great the DS has been and the life-change it has brought. To spend a day in 100+ degree heat and not get tired or having to worry about fitting into a seat was great!

God bless the DS!

SW: 383 GW: 180 CW: 157

(deactivated member)
on 5/28/11 11:19 pm
Awesome dude. I'm going in July.
tonkasmom
on 5/29/11 12:16 am - Paradise, CA

Isn't it great not to have to worry about the rides.  I went to Discovery Kingdom with my sister and her family just to be able to ride any ride I wanted too.  It was so awesome.  My DH does not do any of the roller coaster rides, that is why we went with my sister and family.  We had to buy a picture of the two of us riding the roller coaster.  When looking at the pictures afterwards  My sister and I are about the same size (well I am a little smaller than her)  which blew my mind.  All my life I was the bigger sister literally, not just the oldest.  That picture continues to be our favorite picture.  That was about 9 months after my surgery.  The DS is just so amazing.

What a great WOW for you.  Thanks for sharing.

Donna

HW 370
SW 337/CW 160/GW 159

adkmtngirl
on 5/29/11 12:37 am - Brant Lake, NY
 That is a fun wow! I bought my family Six Flags season passes this year, we went last weekend and it was a totally different experience from the last time I went. So nice not to have to worry about weather I will fit on a ride or not. Can't wait to go again!
Kristina

beemerbeeper
on 5/29/11 1:54 am - AL
Good for you!!!  It is too hot now for 6Flags Atlanta but next fall I am going to find someone to go with me if I have to pay them. lol.

~Becky

adkmtngirl
on 5/29/11 6:38 am - Brant Lake, NY
 Hmmm....maybe the kids and I should come visit you and go Becky! I know Charissa wants to go to that Six Flags.
Kristina

butercup
on 5/29/11 5:53 am - Kennewick, WA
High five!!!

I can't wait till I can do that. I have to redeem myself at Lagoon.
Fade2Pink
on 5/29/11 8:03 am - Salt Lake City, UT
I love posts like this.  How great that you went and had a good time. 

My sister and I just returned from Orlando, FL and did all the Disney parks and rides (well, the ones I wasn't chicken to try).  Life at a smaller size is SO much different in these places.  And although it was hot and humid, it didn't bother me quite as much as it did when I carried 130+ additional pounds.  

Where are the photos?  :)
Duodenal Switch 4/29/09
Loving my DS!!

Diane Davis
on 5/29/11 11:05 am
I'm so happy for you, what a big WOW!  I can't wait for the day I can say the same.
 My  is Jewels.  Love her very much!            
gak
on 5/29/11 1:10 pm
Revision on 06/21/13
Awesome ! Love amusement parks ! Congrats ! 

Ginger<><  
 Revision #2 Dr John Rabkin June 21, 2013; First Revision DS - Dr Maguire
  5-18-09; First DS 7-15-2003 Dr Clark Warden = Third time is the charm   

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 683 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1005 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 338 views