SO NERVOUS

serenity_
on 6/15/11 3:15 pm - Arcadia, CA
Hello All! My surgery is tomorrow at 7:30 am at usc university and I am so nervous, I have so many questions to ask the anesthesiologist.. but I guess it wouldnt hurt to ask here as well. Has anyone had an epidural placed prior to surgery? How long does it stay in? Im thinking not long as I am supposed to walk hours after surgery? Thanks for listening and goodnight! :)

Samaro ..
on 6/15/11 3:33 pm
Good luck tomorrow, Melissa. Sorry that I can't help you with the epidural question because I didn't have one when I had my DS with Dr. Crookes but I wanted to stop by and tell you congratulations on getting your DS and wish you well.

You'll do great tomorrow and Dr. Crookes will take good care of you.  I hope you get some sleep tonight.  Please check in when you can and let us know how surgery went.  See you on the loser's bench.

serenity_
on 6/15/11 3:40 pm - Arcadia, CA
Thank you so much, your kind words and well wishes are appreciated and  very reassuring! I am gonna try and sleep right now! I will definitely update when i can. :)
(deactivated member)
on 6/15/11 3:47 pm
Hi, You are in good hands. Dr. Crookes is amazing, and his team is wonderful. I had epidural and it stayed in til day before I left hospital. You will be able to walk, its not like the one they give you to have a baby, its higher up and only effects your midsection.  So walk as much a possible! Best wishes for a uneventful surgery and even more uneventful recovery.
Elizabeth N.
on 6/15/11 10:19 pm - Burlington County, NJ
I'm sorry I missed the chance to respond to this last night. Hopefully you will LOVE the epidural as much as I did. Dang THAT is the way to get pain meds!!! I had one with my hysterectomy, for a combination of epi and general anesthesia,and they left it in for 48 hours for pain managment. PCA via epidural is DA BOMB.

Perhaps you can share your epi story when you get home. Mine was placed in the OR while I was still awake and was an uncomfortable but not horrific experience. Of course, the mass quantities of Versed they gave me before doing it helped the trauma level, I'm sure :-).

Ann M.
on 6/16/11 5:33 am - GA
Sorry I just now saw this but hopefully your in recovery or roaming the halls. Congratulations on your switch. I hope your recovery is boring and uneventful.

PS- Epidurals are da bomb for pain management!

-Band to DS revision on 06/21/2011!
Highest known Wt/ Lowest Wt (Banded)/ Regain-Starting Wt/ Current Wt/ Goal Wt
379.6/ 272/ 342/ 169/ South of 200

scoob
on 6/17/11 2:13 pm - Somerset, KY
Hope your surgery went well, you're on the mend, walkin, sipping, and resting! Hope you're bored outta your mind!!

Ruby

tazmaddy34 is my HW/SW/CW/GW 346/335/183/150   5'4.25"

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 682 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1005 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 338 views