Big week for me! I was accepted to...

Piliper
on 6/16/11 11:51 pm
About 6 months ago I set out to challenge myself in an area that I never really took a risk. In my educational choices, I always set the bar pretty low. For my undergrad and postgrad schools I essentially took the easy road. I did what was safe. What was most comfortable. 

So, I stepped out of my comfort zone and made application to three schools that I had always idolized. Now, I was only accepted to two of them, but I'm pretty excited. I am very proud to say that I've been accepted to Princeton Theological Seminary and Yale Divinity School for the spring semester, 2012. 

I don't know if  I'm going to attend either, but it was more in the challenge to see if I could do it. I did and got a much needed self-esteem boost. and sense of accomplishment

Sorry, I had to share...

SW: 383 GW: 180 CW: 157

Ann M.
on 6/17/11 12:06 am - GA
Very impressive. Good for you regardless of what you decide to do!

-Band to DS revision on 06/21/2011!
Highest known Wt/ Lowest Wt (Banded)/ Regain-Starting Wt/ Current Wt/ Goal Wt
379.6/ 272/ 342/ 169/ South of 200

Hitorikiri
on 6/17/11 12:07 am - Willow Grove, PA
Fantastic achievement! Congratulations! I can imagine that would be a great confidence booster to push you even harder to succeed no matter where you choose to go.
Check out my blog: My Switch Story  ✽✽✽ Also, visit DS Facts for real information about the DS.

Fade2Pink
on 6/17/11 12:50 am - Salt Lake City, UT
I'm so glad you found the self-confidence to apply, that is a big step in itself.  Congrats on getting accepted to "only" two...geesh, Princeton and Yale.   Not too shabby!   Cool beans!
Duodenal Switch 4/29/09
Loving my DS!!

beemerbeeper
on 6/17/11 1:57 am - AL
I think that is so wonderful.  Congrats. 

~Becky

adkmtngirl
on 6/17/11 3:15 am - Brant Lake, NY
 That is awesome!!!!! Now, you have to let us know when you decide whether you're going to go or not. 
Kristina

Julie R.
on 6/17/11 5:13 am - Ludington, MI
 OMG - that is WONDERFUL news!
You never know if you can do it, unless you try, eh?
My son received his undergrad from MIT.   He applied to MIT, Stanford and Berkeley and U of M for his grad studies, and was only accepted by U of M.  He was really disappointed.   Instead of "settling" for U of M (it still has one of the best graduate programs in his field in the country) he decided to work a year in the industry and reapply.   He was accepted to Stanford and Berkeley and is not at Berkeley and is a National Science Foundation Fellow.    I'm so glad that your weight loss made it possible for you to set your sights higher.   Congratulations!   I'm super proud of you!
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

(deactivated member)
on 6/17/11 6:12 am
 Go for it!  That is great news!
Verhampshirite
on 6/17/11 11:48 am
Well done! Make the most of it.

-- Lenore

Courage is more exhilarating than fear, and in the long run it is easier.
-- Eleanor Roosevelt
HW - 320, SW - 277, CW - 144, GW - 137
5' 2.5"; 120 cm. common channel; 3-4 oz. sleeve

KimberlyHeidi
on 6/17/11 1:12 pm - VA
Congrats!
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 682 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1005 views