Cost of brachio/arm lift surgery?

DarcyMad
on 6/20/11 12:20 am - Cedar Park, TX
Hello all!

For those of you who've pursued PS....

I don't think brachioplasty is ever covered under insurance.  My read my CPB and they consider that completely cosmetic.

Honestly, I think I'm more self-conscious about my arms than any other place on my body!  Well, ok, maybe the ass sliding down the back of my legs isn't all that pretty either but I can at least keep that covered 99% of the time!  Anyhow, for those of you who paid for your brachioplasty, how much did you have to fork over?

I am hoping to make that a present to myself once I hit goal and stay there!

Thanks for your help!
DarcyMad
Surgery Date:  11/15/2010
Jewel506 is my Angel!    Angel to Kristi (Momx4)
Anything that is, or was, began as a dream - Lavagirl 

Julie R.
on 6/20/11 12:37 am - Ludington, MI
 I'm not sure of the cost, as I haven't looked into it, but I hear you on the self-conscious about the arms thing.    I don't have huge bat wings, but my arms are really wrinkly!    I can cover up everything else really well, but this time of the year, I'm acutely aware of how icky my arms look.
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

Laugh Out Loud
on 6/20/11 1:45 am

The 2010 average costs list for plastics surgeon's fees can be found at this link:

http://www.plasticsurgery.org/Documents/news-resources/stati stics/2010-statisticss/Regional-Distribution/2010-surgeon-ph ysician-fees-cosmetic-surgery-minimally-invasive-procedures. pdf

This list is the surgeon's fee alone.  Expect to also pay for anesthia and facility charges separately.  These two vary by facility used (hospital vs surgery center) and if you spend the night. 

Check into a residency program at University hospitals for lower surgeon's fees.  Last year residents perform your surgery under the guidance of a board certified plastic surgeon. 

I've heard many satisfied patients who went to Mexico or Brazil for the lowest prices.

Good luck!
Cindy

gak
on 6/20/11 11:47 am
Revision on 06/21/13
I had one a few years ago in Brazil and it was $3 K plus air and hotel. I had some other items done at the same time with Dr Kuster. I used frequent flier miles, so that saved a ton. In the US at the time in my area it was starting around $5K . I have no idea where prices are now. I would start with a some local  visits to recommended docs and see what they say. 

I have never of Brachioplasty covered by anyones insurance.

Ginger<><  
 Revision #2 Dr John Rabkin June 21, 2013; First Revision DS - Dr Maguire
  5-18-09; First DS 7-15-2003 Dr Clark Warden = Third time is the charm   

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 682 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1005 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 338 views