I made it!

serenity_
on 6/22/11 4:21 am - Arcadia, CA
 Just wanted to drop in here and let everyone know I am ok. I had an extra day in the hospital due to low potassium and a slight bit of tachycardia but that was from trying to put to much liquids down to fast I think. I really had no idea how hard it would be to drink such small amounts I thought I would be able to drink at least 2 oz at a time buts its more like one and my tummy tenses up. I hope things get better from here cause I still feel awful! If anyone could do me a favor and let me know what is ok to eat from this point on cause I cant find my nutrition packet. Id appreciate that... my surgeion said i can eat anything I can tolerate like cream of wheat. and mashed potatoes.. i honestly dont think i could really get that down cause Im still struggling with water.. I need to go for a bit as Im having narcotic pain med withdrawals.. sweating bricks.. not fun stuff but thanks for listening.

-Melissa
scoob
on 6/22/11 4:24 am - Somerset, KY
My bff those first few weeks was ricotta fluff measured in medacine cups. 2 tsps at a time, very slowly. BUT the main focus for you now should be fluids. As you know, its very difficult to drink so drink small sips, very often. That is the MOST important thing right now!!! So happy you made it to the DarkSide! Welcome home!!

Ruby

tazmaddy34 is my HW/SW/CW/GW 346/335/183/150   5'4.25"

butercup
on 6/22/11 4:42 am - Kennewick, WA
So happy for you! Thank you for sharing your experience too. It helps people that haven't gone through it yet know what to expect. I'm sure you know that though.
Blank Out
on 6/22/11 5:07 am
 It is good to be on the other side.  You are in the really difficult time right now!  Your most important job is to sip, sip, sip!  Rest and walk too,  So, sip, rest, walk!  This is your mantra for the next bit!  Fluids, tea, crystal light, warm, cold, however you can get it down!

This will all be worth it!  Just wait!!!!!!!

HW/ 302  SW/287  CW/140  GW/135

lk1970
on 6/22/11 5:58 am
Congrats to you... take your time to heal and stay hydrated!
Lisa

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says "oh crap! she's up!

prettypixels
on 6/22/11 6:45 am
Congratulations! You are already so beautiful!!!
ms2mrsmyers
on 6/22/11 10:04 am - Terre Haute, IN
Congrats on your successful surgery! Hope you start to feel better soon...follow the advice of those that have gone before, they really know what they are talking about.
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 683 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1005 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 338 views