DS and Kaiser (Southern CA)

larra
on 6/26/11 12:06 am - bay area, CA
Sheri, I have sent you a pm.

Larra
bookfaerie
on 6/29/11 4:21 am
 Okay I sent you my phone number via PM. It's easier to talk on the phone. Diana is not entirely correct. Here's the scoop. Kaiser So.Cal will do everything in their power to avoid giving you a DS. That said, I didn't have to go to the DMHC. I filed a grievance. They approved it. Period. 
Do I think going to Dr. Crookes informational session and chatting with him about doing my DS if a Kaiser surgeon wouldn't do it helped my case? Yeppers. They KNEW if they refused me that Crookes would do it, and then they'd have to pay for it. So, after much griping and complaining and huffing and puffing Belzberg did my DS. (He even told me that he was worried about liver cancer from the DS! I mean he worked hard to talk me out of it!!) 

That said, he cut me an awesome surgery. I have virtually NO food intolerances. I can eat what I want, I'm losing weight like crazy and I feel 20 years younger. He's an exceptionally good surgeon. He's just not a DS fan. But he'll do it.
 "Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself, but talent instantly recognizes genius." Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"What your heart thinks is great, is great. The soul's emphasis is always right." Ralph Waldo Emerson    
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 365 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 820 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 271 views