Hello!! Have a question!!!!

funny_face
on 6/28/11 2:34 am
Hi Ya'll....Going to my pcp to day for checkup. Can someone tell me how much of our medication we  absorb? I did know but have forgotten. Been a little depressed lately and hoping he will raise my depression pill. Haven't commented in a while but I do get on and read alot. Hope everyone is doing well.

Thanks, Betty
linda1814
on 6/28/11 3:06 am
I don't think that there is any good way to know how much of our meds we absorb since each type of med works so differently.  You do want to make sure that you're not being prescribed or buying any time-released or extended-release formulas.  If you are, you may need to take more than one per day but definitely work with your doc on that.

My Macronutrient Breakdown

Daily Average for the Last 30 Days

Like this widget? Get your own at ObesityHelp.com

funny_face
on 6/28/11 4:02 am
Thanks Linda!
ann M.
on 6/28/11 4:39 am, edited 6/28/11 4:51 am - Northern, VA
Yep, what Linda said.  Also, along with that I've seen mentioned- attempt to dissolve in water.  If it dissolves in 10 minutes or less, that it's absorb-able by us.

SW / BMI / SIZE:  312 / 49.5 / 26-28W         CW / BMI / SIZE:  159.1 / 25.1/ 10-12 
I need to lose about 2 more pounds for a normal BMI .  I still seem to be slowly losing at over 2 yrs out...so may get there yet.

linda1814
on 6/28/11 4:52 am
 You know what, my endocrinologist just had me do this in order to determine which brand of calcium citrate that I might do better with. 

My Macronutrient Breakdown

Daily Average for the Last 30 Days

Like this widget? Get your own at ObesityHelp.com

lovemypugs
on 6/28/11 6:14 am - VA
Betty, this happened to me and my doctor ordered bloodwork to see how much of my medication was being absorbed.
funny_face
on 6/28/11 7:09 am
Just got back from the Dr. Said he didn't think I would malabsorb my depression pill. No tests for me today. I don't know what is going on. Maybe I will call him and see if he can test me to see  how much I am absorbing.
Diane Davis
on 6/30/11 4:51 pm
Betty, so good to hear from you.  Sorry you are having problems though!  I have been wondering about you and praying you were doing alright!

Don't be such a stranger on here. Post every so often so we know you're OK.

Hugs!
 My  is Jewels.  Love her very much!            
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 322 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 782 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 260 views