Weight Loss After the first year???

Sunshine16
on 7/1/11 3:16 am, edited 6/30/11 6:18 pm
Hello Everyone,

Yesterday was my first year anniversary, and unfortunately I have not accomplished my goal. Due to some bad choices, but, I am very happy with my results. I started at 292, and as of this morning was at 184. An additional 17 - 40 pounds would be good. My question for everyone is, after your first year how much more did you lose from 12- 18months or 12 - 24 months?

Please share,
Thank you

Sunshine.
Blob_on_the_Beach
on 7/1/11 3:54 am - On a pedestal, TX
Hey Sunshine! I was a year out in Feb. and I have lost 15 pounds since then. Not really trying, I guess by body will decide what it wants to do. Don't fret!

newyorkbitch
on 7/1/11 4:12 am
You lost over 100 lbs in the first year - that is great.  Just stay focused on protein, watch the carbs, and the rest will come off.

If you continue to make "bad choices" that of course will make it difficult.

Naked_Lizard
on 7/1/11 5:14 am - West Haven, UT
Sunshine, Yesterday was also mine, and I feel the same as you, as for the bad choise........ that is up for you to decided, but I havnt reached where I wanted or thought I would be by now, that being said, its a new year and a new day and we can always try harder..
Let your goals and go back to the basics, tahtis what I have done, I have to, I'm not happy with where I am an I want to make that dang scale MOVE!. your doing great and really over 100 lbs in a year, WE are doing great, keep your chin up, and do the basic's, I know its hard, but its little steps that get you where you want to be. I too want to loss about another 30-40 lbs and by crap I'm going to do it.
best of luck and if your on FB look us up oh the OH Family.
Toni
HW/298 ~ SW/285 ~ CW/161~ GW/140
OnederLand & Century Club - 11/29/2010

(deactivated member)
on 7/1/11 5:14 am - Saint Louis, MO
I'm in a similar boat, I'm 18 months out and still have 30-40 pounds to go, probably because I remain addicted to DQ blizzards.  I lose about 5 pounds a month if I lay off of them.  Since about six months out I've maintained a pattern of only losing weight in the week before my period.  I eat like a horse and the weight drops off, particularly if I stay low carb that week.
Elizabeth N.
on 7/1/11 5:25 am - Burlington County, NJ
It took me two years and two months to lose 100% of my excess weight, which was 240 pounds. At a year out I was down around 180, I believe, or 75% of my excess weight. Of that additional 60 pounds, I lost the last 20 between 22 and 26 months out, after I had my hernia repair and "tummy tuck."

NoMore B.
on 7/1/11 5:32 am
I started about the same as you - 296.  At my one year anniversary I weighed in the low 170's.  I continued to lose slowly - I'm now 19 months out and weigh 145'ish.

But that being said, I will have plenty of weeks/months that I wont lose anything, especially  if I add in too many dessert type carbs.  For the most part I stick to the basics and continue to lose, slowly but surely. 
Lisey
on 7/1/11 6:37 am - Milwaukee suburb, WI
so you have lost 292-184 = 108 pounds . . . not shabby.  From surgery day to surgiversary, I went from 287-160 = 127 and went on to lose another 23 pounds, though I maintain at 140 for an average.  It took another 5 months to lose that weight, or 17 months post-op.  You can lose (really, at any point), but especially up to the first 2 yrs so long as you watch your carb intake.  Carbs beget carbs!!!!

I could have lost more that next 6 months or lost it quicker than those 5 months, but I also let carbs creep into my diet, though I exercised pretty hard-core during that time period, so I could "get away" with eating more carbs.

I stopped at 24ish BMI, no real desire to lose more (maybe 5 pounds, but whatever!)

HW / SW / CW / GW      299 / 287160 / 140     Feb '09 / Mar '09 / Dec '13 /Aug '10          

Appendicitis/Bowel Obstruction Surgery 8/21/10
Beat Hodgkin's Lymphoma!  7/15/2011 - 1/26/2012 

Ran Half-Marathon 10/14/2012

First Pregnancy, Due 8/12/14                             I LOVE MY DS!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 325 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 783 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 261 views