HELP! Cold sore and surgery on 7/11

(deactivated member)
on 7/3/11 7:38 am - Beverly, NJ

I have what I thought was a pimple but turns out to be a cold sore.  I have NEVER had one of these before.  

Will they reschedule my surgery because of it? Is there a good quick way to get rid of it (besides the 20 dollar tube of abrevia)?

HELP!  Talk about major panic attack.  I've lost 9 lbs on my liquid pre-op diet so far. I'm drinking more water now than ever before.  I'm so prepared for my surgery.  And now this.  I don't know what to do :(

airbender
on 7/3/11 7:55 am
dont worry they will not cancel the surgery, there is Acyclovir which a RX,  you will be fine....
(deactivated member)
on 7/3/11 8:20 am - Beverly, NJ

I just breathed some fresh air!  WHEW  Thank you!

I'm still praying that I'm over reacting and that it's just a huge pimple.   But it hurts sooo bad.  I called my primarys after hours and they are calling in a script for me to use, the nurse said it should help clear it up in just a few days.  

airbender
on 7/3/11 8:23 am
you will be ok, the RX is not necessary it was just a suggestion, (in case my statement was misleading,) just let it heal on it's own.,...
(deactivated member)
on 7/3/11 8:29 am - Beverly, NJ
oh no not misleading.  I had actually called my pcp and panicked while I was out and couldn't post to the group lol.  So they were calling something in anyway.  :)
(deactivated member)
on 7/3/11 8:26 am
Just FYI, oral lysine (over the counter supplement) stops the replication of the cold sore virus.  It works for me.  Many of the topicals for cold sores contain lysine.  I hedge my bets and use both. Stress is notorious for bringing out a dormant cold sore.

Hang in there. This is just a small bump (pun) in the road.  No need to reschedule surgery for this. Others have had minor colds and I would say a good number of the females had started their periods on surgery day (I was one of them.. oiy).

Hugs,
Ratkity
(deactivated member)
on 7/3/11 8:33 am - Beverly, NJ

Thank you for the reassurance.  If anyone knows the anxiety the last week before this surgery it's everyone on this forum :)  

Oh and I am fairly certain that my period is going to be starting the weekend before my surgery thanks to the cramps and sore boobies I have right now.  Which is funny. Everyone said it would happen but since I normally get my period right after my wifes and she was on hers two weeks ago I thought I was in the clear.... Nope it never came and since there is 0 chance of pregnancy here I know its from stress and it'll show it's ugly face just like everyone said just in time for surgery :)  And that goes to show that I have very rarely gotten any wrong information from this forum.  I love everyone here!

P. Poster
on 7/3/11 8:37 am
 Whether you were due for your period or not, it comes along with the DS, apparently.  I had JUST finished my period 4 days before surgery.  Guess who paid me a second visit the day after surgery?  Yup.  I got it TWICE in as many weeks.  Sucks.  
April M.
on 7/3/11 9:32 am - MI
April M.
on 7/3/11 9:33 am - MI
Yeah, I thought my embarrassment was complete when I had to have one of the nurse's aides wipe my bum the first several times I had dhr in the hospital... Nope, it got worse. I then started my period, and only found this out when I went to go to the bathroom and I had stained the bed... and my gown... and a pillow... garrrrr! I suggest packing your best pair or two of giant granny panties and whatever brand of pads you prefer, as the hospital will only give you those awful evil elastic-only-no-actual-crotch panties and giant diaper-like maternity pads. The nurses and aides on my floor said that they rarely saw a woman undergo WLS that did NOT start her period during her hospital stay.... so it's gonna happen, just be prepared :)

~April~                                             5'7" 
       2 Part DS                   BMI: S/C/G    59.3/33.5/24.9   

Part 1: 3/14/11                HW/SW#1/SW#2/CW/GW      
    Part 2: 7/14/11                  
379/366/319/214/

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 317 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 780 views
Need help for my mom