just got the first insurance approval

meredith_123
on 7/5/11 9:17 am - Waterford, MI

I submitted to the insurance for the bariatric surgeon consultation 2 weeks ago.  I called today to follow up and they had approved me!!  I'm so excited.  I'm calling Grand Health Partners tomorrow to set up the appointment. 

So my question comes in here.  Once you get the approval for the consult (I have Priority Health), is it pretty much a given that the surgery will be approved?  I've already been through the 6 month weight loss program the insurance required near my home & was approved by them for surgery.  I guess I have to see the internist at Grand Health to get surgery approval before I can schedule the appointment with Dr. Kemmeter. 

Also to all the Dr Kemmeter patients out there, how long did it take you to get your appointments with them?  I'm wondering if they are pretty quick, or do they have a long wait?  The place I was going by my house for the weight loss program took about a month to get an appointment. 

Is getting a surgery date in August still realistic?  I guess I'll ask that one tomorrow when I call.  I need to schedule my job around the time off, so the earlier I know when the date is, the easier it will make that. 

5'5" -- HW 275/SW 246/GW 130/CW 157      
nightowl
on 7/5/11 4:43 pm - Topeka, KS
Hello Meredith.  I'm sorry you haven't gotten any answers yet, and I can't answer you either.  At least this should bump your post up so others who know might see it yet.  Congrats on getting through the 6-month dieting program!
meredith_123
on 7/6/11 1:35 am - Waterford, MI
Thanks.  Well I called and got the appointments set up to see the internist next week on Tuesday and then I'll see the surgeon on the 25th.  I'm assuming that since they approved to get the consultation, the insurance will approve the actual surgery.    I'm so excited that I finally got a date to meet with the surgeon and it's only a couple weeks away.
  5'5" -- HW 275/SW 246/GW 130/CW 157      
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 308 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 774 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 258 views