I'm in the 280's baby! And I'm stuck there.

butercup
on 7/5/11 11:25 am - Kennewick, WA
I'm really happy about breaking out of the 290's.  I haven't been in the 280's since probably 2006.  I'm right at 288. something or other and it's not moving.  I've been there for a little more than a week.  I'm exercising and doing well on my diet, but it's stopped.

I need to be at 286 to make my surgeon happy and my appointment is on the 13th.  I'm scared that I've hit my brick wall that I usually hit when I reach 10% weight loss. 

I've lost 24 lbs from where I've started and I need to lose 32 for the 10% that my surgeon requested.  I've got until September.  That's when I believe I'll have my surgery.

Just feeling stagnant.
Mdae
on 7/5/11 11:33 am
 don't worry, you've done fantastic, he won't cancel.  but also, i just extended the pre-op liquid diet before hand and lost like crazy.  wasn't 'real' weight loss, but it counted.

butercup
on 7/5/11 11:43 am - Kennewick, WA
I'm thinking I may have to do a couple days like that before I see him.  I get a little puffy on long drives so I know I'll be a bit heavier from water weight.  I was 12 lbs less when i last saw him.  Maybe he'll count some of that toward what I did this time. lol!

And thanks for friending me!
Janine P.
on 7/5/11 1:21 pm - Long Island, NY

Two things I want to say:

1) Your surgeon will not call off surgery over 2 pounds.  As far as I'm concerned, you've hit the goal necessary. Two pounds could be water or a bowel movement waiting to come out. 

2) You *will* get there.  I promise you I know how frustrated you are.  When you think about it, it's only been a little over a week, so why are you stressing?  But at the same time, you're not going in the direction you need to be going in, so it's pure stress.  I promise I understand.

3) Stay encouraged!!!

(Okay, 3 things, not 2 but whatever.)

Janine   Me on Youtube 

butercup
on 7/5/11 2:06 pm - Kennewick, WA
Thanks Janine.   I will try to remember that when i start to stress out.  I just want the surgery so badly and I have nightmares that it won't happen.

It's good to know that I'm not original and I mean that in a good way.
elixir
on 7/6/11 12:49 pm - MI
I had nightmares about it too. In fact, I didn't really believe it was happening until I was sitting in prep for surgery wearing a backless gown and an IV. Even then, I wasn't sure it really happened until the surgeon came to visit the next morning and told me the surgery went perfect.  

Best of luck on your surgery! It'll happen before ya know it.

I am not like I was before. I thought that nothing would change me. ~Sinead O'Connor

Ann M.
on 7/5/11 1:42 pm - GA
I agree with Janine. 2 pounds is not a deal breaker especially if they are just trying to shrink your liver. At least you lost weight pre-op- some of us- not so lucky! :)

-Band to DS revision on 06/21/2011!
Highest known Wt/ Lowest Wt (Banded)/ Regain-Starting Wt/ Current Wt/ Goal Wt
379.6/ 272/ 342/ 169/ South of 200

butercup
on 7/5/11 2:08 pm, edited 7/5/11 2:08 am - Kennewick, WA
Thank you Ann.

I'm trying to remind myself of that. My MIL didn't lose her 10% and they still did the surgery. I just don't want to give anyone any reason to tell me I can't have it.
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 319 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 781 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 259 views