is there a preop checklist of some sort ?

Twi light
on 7/7/11 9:35 am - NY
Surgery 4 days away, i am not really sure if i have everything i need, i dont feel "ready" . The house is not as clean, stuff is not as organized as i would like etc.

I have vitamins, i have protein shakes, i dont know what am i missing??? What should i do right now to have an easier time right after at home? 
(deactivated member)
on 7/7/11 9:52 am - Beverly, NJ

How many of us are getting switched on Monday?  So far I think I counted 3.  

Relax and breathe.  You sound like your doing a great job of being prepared.  Have you gone over your checklist for this weekend? I did every single piece of dirty laundry I could find in my house so my wife didn't have to worry about so much of it since I'm normally the one to do it.   On Sunday I'll do a once over of the house but my anxiety helps with my cleaning and if it's not spotless oh well, as long as it's not bug worthy I'm good :)  I'm also cooking a few meals ahead of time for her and my son while I'm in the hospital and recovering since I also cook most of the time.  There will be family stopping by to help her so I'm sure she'll be fine.  

I think we work so hard at getting here that when the time comes for us to reap the rewards of our hard work we don't know what to do with ourselves.  

Breathe!  :)

Twi light
on 7/7/11 10:02 am - NY
I guess i am 5 days , i am on tuesday, i was counting starting tomorrow though lol .

I dont know, i feel my head will implode on itself. I have finals this week.

You are lucky to have family coming over to help, i am leaving my DH with 2 toddlers, i am not really sure what i will be coming home to. Chaos is my assumption.

Laundry, good idea! I need to get on top of that.

I feel so flustered :(
Mel_Ga
on 7/7/11 11:34 am
Will you be in the hospital by yourself?  I would make your hubby a list of your normal routine with the tots!
Crazeru
on 7/7/11 11:50 am
Chapstick, electric fan and my back scratcher is about all I used a the hospital.  Loose pants and loose top to come home in.  You don't need vitamins for 3 weeks (at least according to Rabkin). 

Yep, just breathe...

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

elixir
on 7/7/11 12:23 pm - MI
I brought a loose pair of yoga pants and a pair of loose fitting gym-type shorts so my butt wasn't hanging out of the backless gown while I was walking the halls. I also brought Blistex and my Nintendo DS. Additionally, I did pack underwear and pads, but never needed them.

A week before my surgery my surgeon required that I had enough protein powder (protein gelatin, protein pudding, protein hot cocoa, protein cappuccino, etc) enough to last for at least two weeks. I also made sure that I had some Crystal Light, but have now discovered that I can't consume artificial sugars (worst gut-ache ever!) so I can't drink them. I'm going to give them to a girl at work so they don't go to waste. 

I am not like I was before. I thought that nothing would change me. ~Sinead O'Connor

Twi light
on 7/7/11 12:54 pm - NY
On July 7, 2011 at 7:23 PM Pacific Time, elixir wrote:
I brought a loose pair of yoga pants and a pair of loose fitting gym-type shorts so my butt wasn't hanging out of the backless gown while I was walking the halls. I also brought Blistex and my Nintendo DS. Additionally, I did pack underwear and pads, but never needed them.

A week before my surgery my surgeon required that I had enough protein powder (protein gelatin, protein pudding, protein hot cocoa, protein cappuccino, etc) enough to last for at least two weeks. I also made sure that I had some Crystal Light, but have now discovered that I can't consume artificial sugars (worst gut-ache ever!) so I can't drink them. I'm going to give them to a girl at work so they don't go to waste. 

Did you have a problem with splenda and stuff before hand? If i have more than 2 packets of splenda i get massive gas, i am wondering if i should just avoid post surgery to be safe. It is like unberable , i take tons of activated charcoal and sit still for an hour waiting for it to go awa.
elixir
on 7/7/11 2:11 pm - MI
I haven't tried Splenda, but I do OK w/Truvia. Never had any sensitivities to artificial sweeteners in the past. Now when I've tried bevs containing aspartame I immediately get bloated, have a terrible, painful stomach ache quickly followed by a rather nasty bout of 'rhia. I also can't have milk. The carbs in it had the same effect on me, however I'm fine w/cottage cheese so it's not a lactose issue. The few carbs I've had (other than potatoes) have given me the same gut-ache/bloating/curl-up-into-a-ball-&-die/eventual 'rhia. I stay away from carbs and artificial sweeteners now. I've learned my lesson. 

I am not like I was before. I thought that nothing would change me. ~Sinead O'Connor

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 308 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 774 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 258 views