day 6 post panniculectomy

(deactivated member)
on 7/11/11 2:48 am - Lafayette, IN
well i am feeling better. up until now most of my insiscion has been more or less numb but today feeling is back with a vengeance. i was only given tylenol with codeine which has always done fine for my other surgeries and it is just making it bearable. my 2 drains have been quite painful. finding a comfortable position is nearly impossible. i am eating better  but seem to have major restriction again. i am getting in between 130 & 150 grams of protein, more than 100 ounces of fluids. i am fighting constipation and have only had 3 bms since coming home. my dr sent me home without restrictions saying i could do whatever i wanted as tolerated. i am starting to get rstless and am sick as hell of looking at my living room. i am having a lot of swelling and have a binder on its way. i see the ps tomorrow afternoon and am hoping to get my drains out. i have a ton of staples and have no clue when they are coming out. i cant stand up straight which is making my back hurt. i cant wait to start feeling normal again. the only positive i can see at this point is that i weighed 9.6# less this morning than i did the morning of surgery which only puts me about 6# away from a normal bmi.
J G.
on 7/11/11 2:55 am
 and am sick as hell of looking at my living room. 

ha, ha, that's funny.  I bet you feel much better when those darn drains come out!

~Jenny
(deactivated member)
on 7/11/11 6:47 am - Lafayette, IN
the drains are definitely the worst.
(deactivated member)
on 7/11/11 3:01 am - London, United Kingdom
Codeine causes really bad constipation.  Take some miralax which should help.
(deactivated member)
on 7/11/11 6:45 am - Lafayette, IN
tried the miralax........ made the bloating worse & did nothing for the constipation. i had another bm this afternoon. i am passing the proper volume just very firm and difficult to pass.
(deactivated member)
on 7/12/11 1:33 am - London, United Kingdom
That's a shame, hopefully the Colace somebody else suggested will do the trick.  A lot of people use Gas X (I've not tried it yet), it's meant to make gas easier to pass.

I hope you start to feel lots better very soon.

Elizabeth N.
on 7/12/11 3:03 am - Burlington County, NJ
Vast doses of stool softener without any stimulant laxative, eat all the fat you can possibly stomach, and use glycerine suppositories. Been there done that with the TT. Between the loads of stitches, major incision, general anesthesia and lots of narcotics I was crapping bricks about then too.

Remember to "let **** happen." Don't pu**** or you're risking awfulness down below.

scoob
on 7/11/11 3:39 am - Somerset, KY
So glad you're doing well! 9.6lbs is awesome!

Ruby

tazmaddy34 is my HW/SW/CW/GW 346/335/183/150   5'4.25"

(deactivated member)
on 7/11/11 6:49 am - Lafayette, IN
he actually removed a little over 10# but this swelling is terrible.
Chad M.
on 7/11/11 3:39 am - Indianapolis, IN
Wow, look at how far you've come! Here's to a quick recovery and feeling "normal" as soon as possible!
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 326 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 785 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 262 views