VBG to DS

michelehei
on 7/17/11 11:35 pm
 Good morning!
I want to thank everyone that has posted on these boards and everyone that has been so gracious to respond to my messages.  You have all contributed to me making the decision to convert my VBG to the DS.  I have been researching my different wls options for so long and after 16 years of living with the VBG and now gaining back lots of the weight I lost, I have decided the surgery for me is the DS.  
The surgery sounds truly amazing and feeling strangled by obesity my entire life it seems as though I may feel a sense of freedom after my DS.  Your stories and the journeys you have been on, the questions, the answers, and the genuine sincerity of everyone has given me a wealth of knowledge and comfort. This is something that I could find no where else except here in OH!  So from the bottom of my heart I thank you all!!  

I am scheduled for surgery on August 25 with Dr. Gagner in Montreal.  I am so excited and a bit nervous!  And now you will all be hearing about my wls journey!
This is truly an amazing platform!
larra
on 7/18/11 1:02 am - bay area, CA
Welcome!
    I think you've chosen a great operation and a great surgeon.

Larra
teachmid
on 7/18/11 3:13 am - OKC, OK
Welcome. I think you've made a good decision and you'll be pleased.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

(deactivated member)
on 7/18/11 2:11 pm - Bayonne, NJ
Congrats! Great decision. I had a combination RNY with a type of vbg, and the revision gave me my life back.  I wish you all the best.
michelehei
on 7/18/11 9:47 pm
 Thank you all so much.  I am excited and also worried and hoping that I don't have any complications post op.  I must have spent hours yesterday reading different stories and the ones where people have difficulties after surgery those are the ones that scare me.  I guess with any surgery there is a possibility of complications.  I will hope and pray for the best.  Thanks again!
KarenFlorida
on 7/18/11 9:53 pm - Orlando, FL
It's normal to worry like that. It's good to be aware of the risks so you won't be surprised if something happens, but remember that the vast majority of people do just fine. Try not to let it consume you.

Karen
Join me! weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi

AllieInOntario
on 7/18/11 10:41 pm
Yeah!!  You are going to be soooo pleased with your choice :)
Pick your surgery first, then your surgeon. Not the other way around.  
PS:... Potato chips should be a food group.

I'm tired of screwing with that damn health widget.
 I've lost 125 pounds to date!!!!
   And I'm UNDER 190 now!!! 

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 380 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 830 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 271 views