Five year wows

April M.
on 7/25/11 12:57 am - MI
Eh, I'm sore, and my pain is not as managed as I'd like (Of course, I'd like for there to be no pain at all), but I'm starting to learn what I can eat and what I can't, and working on not getting dehydrated... all in all, pretty good for a week and a half post-op. I have my first PO appt with Dr. Hares tomorrow, and as always, I'm excited to see him... he has a wonderful bedside manner, and he's so encouraging and in love with the DS himself, it makes seeing him an absolute joy. Anyway, done with my hijack now :) Have a great day!!!

~April~                                             5'7" 
       2 Part DS                   BMI: S/C/G    59.3/33.5/24.9   

Part 1: 3/14/11                HW/SW#1/SW#2/CW/GW      
    Part 2: 7/14/11                  
379/366/319/214/

2bee.or.not2bee
on 7/24/11 3:39 pm
 What a great post to keep us newbies encouraged! Thank you Julie! 

Romans 8:28                                  VSG 1/23/10  DS 5/15/11

VSG weight = 143 kg  VSG low = 116 kg  DS weight = 141.5
Diane Davis
on 7/24/11 4:57 pm
Julie, I think you are such a doll!  Thank you for sharing!
 My  is Jewels.  Love her very much!            
kathie09
on 7/24/11 5:47 pm - not available
Julie

I read every post you write....and I gotta say that when I get my DS, I want to be just like you! Your photos are amazing - and your spirit is even better. I love all the good that you do here, and am so thankful that you take the time to give back.

Thanks for the wows. They helped me overcome a whole bunch of anxiety tonight. I'm setting my DS date tomorrow!!!
kathie09
Julie R.
on 7/24/11 10:59 pm - Ludington, MI
 Wow Kathie - you're finally coming to the dark side!    Congratulations!   Don't worry - this DS'll do you good.
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

meredith_123
on 7/24/11 9:05 pm - Waterford, MI
Wow, such an inspiration.  Sounds like you had such a great day.  I can't wait to start loosing as well.  I'm meeting with Dr. Kemmeter today at 10 for my consult, so I should have a date in the next couple weeks. 

What restaurant does your hubby work at?  I miss Ludington, haven't been back there in several years now.  We used to go there for vacation every summer when I was growing up. 
  5'5" -- HW 275/SW 246/GW 130/CW 157      
Julie R.
on 7/24/11 10:58 pm - Ludington, MI
 Oh, GOOD LUCK, Meredith!   You will love, love, love Dr. Kemmeter, and if you get this message before you head out, make sure you tell him Julie from Ludington sent you.   I tell everyone to tell him that, and he laughs.    He is not only an excellent surgeon, but has a wonderful, caring, empathetic manner.   He was the very first doctor I'd ever seen in my obese life that treated me with true, respectful compassion.   He looked me in the eye, and complimented my intelligence and my research.    I'm so happy that you'll be seeing him.    

Now, you have someone to come back up to Ludington to visit!   It's a beautiful, crystal clear blue sky day here, and when my work is done, I'm walking the beach!

meredith_123
on 7/25/11 5:27 am - Waterford, MI
Thanks Julie,
It went great.  I really liked him.  I also saw the behaviorist and he cleared me for surgery.  Now I just need the final insurance approval which should take a couple weeks and then they will schedule my surgery date. 
I told him you sent me and he laughed.  Said he needs to give you some sort of kick back. 
  5'5" -- HW 275/SW 246/GW 130/CW 157      
MarciRenee
on 7/24/11 10:31 pm - IA
OMG HELLA LOVE THIS POST!!

You are totally adorable and I wanna be just like you when I grow up :)  However, I will have to be a larger Iowan version of you!!

Great post and update!  So glad that you had such a great time at your pig roast!  Color me jealous, I loves me some pig!
Marci       
Julie R.
on 7/24/11 10:56 pm - Ludington, MI
 Thank you SO  much, Marci.....he brought me more pig pieces home yesterday.    We call them "the nasty bits," LOL.   I pick at 'em like some people eat beef jerky.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 1053 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 9 replies · 1216 views