Introduction

MomToTeens
on 7/28/11 11:08 pm - OH
Hello,

My name is Susan and can I just say I am thrilled to be here!  I was a member of OH when I first had my RNY done, but was never a frequent poster.  I have made a new profile to go with my new life.

I had RNY in May, 2005.  Starting weight then was 270.  Lost down to about 190, then had a hernia repair in 2007.  I had nothing but problems after that.  I couldn't lose anymore weight, even though my habits hadn't changed.  And then I started gaining.

When I gained to 230 on my 5'2" frame, I was embarrassed and humiliated...felt like a failure.  Then I came back to OH and started to research.  I found the DS Surgery board and researched some more.  After months of soul-searching and endless hours of research, I started the ball rolling for a revision with Dr. Keshishian.

That surgery finally took place on July 18.  I traveled from Ohio to California to have the surgery, but would gladly do it a hundred times over.  My recovery in the hospital was very smooth, almost "easy".  Now that I'm home, it's become a bit more difficult, as my tummy doesn't want to cooperate the way I think it should.  That's ok, I will wait   When it's too uncomfortable to drink, I push everything through my J-Tube. 

Looking forward to getting to know everyone, and maybe even jump in with my $.02 worth every now and then.

Susan
teachmid
on 7/28/11 11:21 pm - OKC, OK
Welcome, Susan. Dr. Keshishian did my revision last December. Glad all went well.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

(deactivated member)
on 7/28/11 11:23 pm
a_new_mii
on 7/29/11 1:49 am - AZ
 Susan!

Hang on to your hat!  Your in for a Heck of a ride!!  
Join us here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi ~~❁~Ginger~~~
The beginning of a whole new world.              
HW-445
   SW-417    CW-162  GW-175            

April M.
on 7/29/11 2:43 am - MI
Congrats Susan! Welcome to DS life... I hope it works so much better for you than your RNY! Our surgery dates are so close, we're almost switch sisters, so it'll be interesting to see how our journeys match up and how they differ. It sounds like you're doing well so far... good for you! Hugs and welcome!

~April~                                             5'7" 
       2 Part DS                   BMI: S/C/G    59.3/33.5/24.9   

Part 1: 3/14/11                HW/SW#1/SW#2/CW/GW      
    Part 2: 7/14/11                  
379/366/319/214/

scoob
on 7/29/11 3:13 am - Somerset, KY
Welcome, Susan and congrats on making it to the DarkSide!

Ruby

tazmaddy34 is my HW/SW/CW/GW 346/335/183/150   5'4.25"

myroomisblue
on 7/29/11 4:08 am - Columbus, OH
Nice to hear from you Susan! I'm curious about how you came to choosing Dr. Keshishian for your surgery. I met Dr. Teel at Premier Metabolic and Bariatric Assoc. in Dayton and he seems to be very well regarded here in Ohio. He does laproscopic DS, but I want the best for my surgery, even if it means travel.
MomToTeens
on 7/29/11 11:49 am - OH
 I had not heard of Dr. Teel as a DS surgeon nor as one that does revisions.  I had decided from the beginning that if i was going to do this i would researh it to death first.  My research led me to Dr. K, and i think it was a great choice for me.  He's one of the best.

Susan 
(deactivated member)
on 7/29/11 12:17 pm
 Welcome, Susan!  
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 376 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 826 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 271 views