Coffee....

MomToTeens
on 7/31/11 1:45 am - OH
I haven't tried that, but it's a good idea.  I can drink hot broth without too many problems.  I think I'll just keep trying, and know that things will be weird for a while.

Thanks for your input,

Susan
RNY:  05/24/2005     SW:  270, lowest:  190,  Back up to:  230
Revision to DS:  07/24/2011  SW:230/CW:181/GW:140

"Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there!"
Will Rogers

(deactivated member)
on 7/31/11 3:17 am, edited 7/31/11 3:17 am
Hi Susan, I was thinking it was the acidity level too. I was a big coffee drinker before my ds and it took awhile afterwards to be able to drink coffee again, I started with the coffee protein drinks, but wanted my morning coffee. I was at a outdoor market and found an organogold coffee dealer and loved their black coffee. Its pricy but lower in acidity than reg coffee and has the same kick as reg coffee. Didnt upset my stomach and my coffee withdrawl headaches were gone. NOw at 5 months out I can drink reg coffee with no problems.
Emily F.
on 7/31/11 1:46 am
Have you changed brands? Bc Dunkin Donuts gives me gassy stomach and any flavored coffee. I tried Maxwell House and it does fine, I bring my own if I travel.
MomToTeens
on 7/31/11 2:47 am - OH
That's something to think about.  I have a Keurig and have been trying the Blue Mountain Breakfast Blend.  Maybe I need to try something milder.

Susan
RNY:  05/24/2005     SW:  270, lowest:  190,  Back up to:  230
Revision to DS:  07/24/2011  SW:230/CW:181/GW:140

"Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there!"
Will Rogers

Heather E.
on 7/31/11 3:09 am
Pre-op, I liked coffee, but would go weeks without drinking any - I *really* liked it with flavored creamer, so if I didn't have any, I didn't drink coffee, either.  I was a diet cola addict, though.

Post-op, it took me a few months before I could handle drinking it again.  Then I started making "protein coffees" to try to tolerate my protein shakes better.  MMMM...delish!!  Now I drink a TON of coffee - usually 3 protein coffees a day, and then maybe a couple more cups a day.  Now I don't drink any soda at all, diet or otherwise.  It's weird how our taste buds change!!

You might want to look into trying a lower-acidity coffee.  The other thing - your body might not be ready for coffee yet.  Like I said, it took me a few months before it was okay for me, although I don't remember it giving me gas, just making my stomach hurt.

~Heather~

HW: 249/ CW: 130/ GW: 140

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 677 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1005 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 338 views