Sweating!!!

a_new_mii
on 8/8/11 1:23 am - AZ

I’m just curious if anyone else has had this occurrence.  I sweat MORE now than I did when I weighed 445lbs.  When I go shopping or am busy around the house, I’m pretty okay until I STOP MOVING.  Then I sweat like crazy!!!! My head seems to be the worst.  My hair is dripping wet by the time I check out of the store.  I’ve started carrying around a towel because it’s so bad. 

My Mom keeps saying it’s just your changing metabolism and your burning more fat, but it’s really embarrassing!  Did this happen with any one else and if so when did it stop.  I’m down over 130lbs from top weight and never thought THIS would be a problem!?

Any advise? Suggestions? Words of wisdom? 

Join us here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi ~~❁~Ginger~~~
The beginning of a whole new world.              
HW-445
   SW-417    CW-162  GW-175            

Chad M.
on 8/8/11 1:30 am - Indianapolis, IN
I don't think it would have been possible for me to sweat more than I did pre-op at 422 lbs. It got better for me pretty quickly. Last summer I was down to around 300 lbs and I didn't sweat nearly as much, though I still didn't care for the heat.

This summer at closer to 200 lbs, I actually enjoy the heat. The recent heat wave of 90-95 degree temps (extremely hot for Indy) was no big deal. I do sweat. The difference now is that I can cool down and stop sweating, where before surgery I would just sweat uncontrollably once it started.

Now I sweat in strange ways though. My butt will still get hot and sweat when I am sitting, even if I'm cool overall. And often when going out into the heat I will break into a quick sweat but then my body adjusts and I'm over it.

I would hope it will get better for you. Maybe next summer will be better than this one.
Tabitha70
on 8/8/11 1:37 am
How is your blood pressure?  I have orthostatic hypotension and when my blood pressure drops (which happens when I'm standing still like in a store line) my head starts to sweat. I believe that is because my heart starts beating faster trying to compensate. I rarely sweat when I'm actually doing something.

*************************************************************************************

RNY 11/00
with starting BMI of 57. Most lost was 52% EWL and BMI of 41.
Gained back every single pound.
Revision to DS 12/08 with starting BMI of 57 (again)
Over 3 years DS post-op, currently BMI of 26.3 
200lbs. gone as of 6/27/10 !!  I'm HALF of the old me as of 10/8/10 !! ONEderland 3/7/11 !!

LadyDi1970 and I are Angel buddies! 

zuzupetals2u2
on 8/8/11 5:01 am - Sedona, AZ
I do tend to run HOT (opposed to always being cold before) and I attribute it to the Estrogen that is flushing out of my fat cells as I lose weight. I had read how that will happen so I consider it like a 2nd menopause. . .just a thought . .

1985 Verticle Banded Gastroplasty to DS revision 2010     sw 280 gw 140 cw 188 hw 360

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.?
Winnie the Pooh

KellyJTn
on 8/9/11 3:36 am - Oak Ridge, TN
My body temperature has been totally different the last few months, and it's driving me crazy. I'm ALWAYS hot. Like right now, I have my a/c set on 68. Both my kids are freezing with blankets on, and I'm ready to start taking clothes off.  I sweat at the drop of a hat now. I'm almost sweating just sitting here.

~Kelly ~   
SW 364/CW 164/GW 150             

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 695 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1011 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 340 views